M14 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Actually, the M1A is in a safe. An M1 Garand is more available to me than the M1A. As is an AR15. And an Ithaca M37 8 shot pump.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Handgun first, rifle is secondary, any midrange defensive caliber rifle is always within easy reach (30 carbine, 556, 762x39) I consider the 762 NATO, 30-06, 8mm Mauser caliber weapons for offense and if it gets to that point where I live, far bigger problems are afoot and I really should've been hightailed out of there by then.

Bill

·
Registered
288 Posts
If i'm in the house It would be one of my AR rifles or my AK. Heck maybe my uzi. If out side my 700 police. But then again my Ithaca M37 riot or 870 police would work great if someone came inside.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I have several m14/M1As that are similarly equipped for longer range work. If I run out of 7.62 x 51 ammo, I do have Garand in 30/06 that is decent for mid range shots. There are also a couple of M4 types, AKs, and some M1 Carbines hiding out. That plus some hand guns keeps me happy (as long as I do not have to carry everything at one time).

Nelson

·
Registered
79 IHC Scout II, 74 VW Bug class 11 look a like
6,644 Posts
.50 BMG bolt action! It kinda gives away your hiding place though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A 458 socom, a Garand, an FAL, a 460 S+W mag (with the scope it weighs as much as a rifle) and when all else fails, a 58 cal Zouave (I can disappear in the cloud of smoke).

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey folks,

What do you back up your primary rifle with? Obviously we all have a choice of sidearm, but what about a second long gun? Most here use either an M1A of some sort or AR platform rifle. Hypothetical.....your primary rifle quits for some reason and you can't address the issue. You are bugged in at home and have others to use. What do you grab and why? This should be interesting.....Mine is an M1A Scout, or Colt 6920 as primary, followed by my little beater AO M1 Carbine which runs like an AK
with RNSP. Either one would serve me well. I have plenty of support ammo and magazines.......
I believe I would start off with my m1carbine, back up with my AR, and maybe my 9mm carbine, and if necessary, the Garand and ol faithful Carcano7.35.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Not really a defined back-up rifle, but for social work </=250 yds. me Colt "le" 6920 vintage 2012. The model that came with the deadly handle on it. And still no optic, but shoots flat enough I'm range test sure to be able to rearrange zits on cult marx and auntiefahs faces if it comes to it.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
M1 Garand for a rifle. New Remington Tac 13 12 gauge is my truck gun. Since I live in the mountains with lots of hungry critters I like a rifle/shotgun with some punch.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
IF my M1A Scout goes down(very unlikely), then I'll grab my M1 (.308) and carry on. If both of those suffer a problem, I'll be left with my Rem9ington 870 and 00buck(not much range but serious damage).

21 - 40 of 51 Posts