M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Captain gave me stock last week.. after indulging in a hefty amount of wine. I declined two or three times, but he wouldn't give up. He said it was given to him by "some of the guys shooting the old M14". Anyone have any clues? It looks like a McMillan but I don't know jack.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also my M1A loaded does not fit. Someone put some puddy of somesort in the buttstock.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Others can chime in...but it looks like a McMillan. It is set up for a lugged (rear) receiver and dimensionally, your rifle just may not fit.

What I don't see is bedding. Also, the internal surface doesn't look like wood, so I'm almost sure it's a filled with foam. Looks like made for the military due to the selector cutout. Butt stocks were often filled if for competition.

Bruce

·
Registered
938 Posts
It's a mc millian.......my friend on the Marine Corps rifle team has one just like it. great stock they cost about 500 bucks new.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
definatly a Mcmillan set up for a rear luged reciever.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
Also my M1A loaded does not fit. Someone put some puddy of somesort in the buttstock.
You need to fit and glass-bed your rifle to it. You'll like it. Looks to be virgin. That putty stuff, I dunno. Is it hiding a slug of lead or a wad of shot? Sometimes shooters put ballast back there to counter the weight of the real heavy barrels.

·
"Death From Above"
11,923 Posts
Is it wood or fiberglass? The inside doesn't look like the inside of my mac stock. Is it coated with something? If it's glass I'd say it's a Mac as well. My competition rifle sits in one. Wholesale for 400 bones.

·
MGySgt USMC (ret)
7,066 Posts
I'm 99.9999999 percent positive it is a McMillan stock. It had already been glass bedded once and looks like it was being prepped to be glass bedded again. Notice the different brownish color at about the rear half of the cut out for the rear lug? There is almost a straight line going sideways across the stock and separating the brownish color to the rear from the normal stock filler to the front. There is also brownish color where the front of the receiver bedding would be. Most likely that is Bisonite Fiberglass Bedding.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Don't do it, I can't let Phil rip you off like that. I'll give you $50 for it instead!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.