M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
19,027 Posts
Yes jbrown287, it's part of the scope mount assembly for tightening it to the receiver.

DI5

·
Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
19,027 Posts
That's what I thought until the cover wouldn't come off the clip jaws. Guess a little hammer work will be needed.
It's called the stripper clip guide.

DI5

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Put the hammer away!!!
The knob and the piece it screws into are from an SAI gen 3 mount and are useful to somebody so don't destroy or discard them. The piece that the knob is screwed into replaces the stripper clip guide and slides from left to right into a dovetail. It would need to come out from right to left however there is a pin that needs to be backed out first. If you want to go to a stock USGI configuration you would install a stripper clip guide to replace the piece removed. Or just leave it as is (without the knob). Either way tapping the pin out must be done carefully and in the right direction. Best to get a book detailing disassembly and reassembly of your weapon before tearing into it. Clint Fowlers book would be a good...
No hammer, please!
DI5

·
Premium Member
5,098 Posts
Put the hammer away!!!
The knob and the piece it screws into are from an SAI gen 3 mount and are useful to somebody so don't destroy or discard them. The piece that the knob is screwed into replaces the stripper clip guide and slides from left to right into a dovetail. It would need to come out from right to left however there is a pin that needs to be backed out first. If you want to go to a stock USGI configuration you would install a stripper clip guide to replace the piece removed. Or just leave it as is (without the knob). Either way tapping the pin out must be done carefully and in the right direction. Best to get a book detailing disassembly and reassembly of your weapon before tearing into it. Clint Fowlers book would be a good...
No hammer, please!
DI5
WHAT HE ^^^^^^^ SAID. For the record, I think someone here happens to be looking for one of those knobs IIRC.
Again will repeat, taking the stripper clip guide out of the receiver, you need to remove the small roll pin 1st. Then I use a block of oak and a hammer, tap the guide out from the right side to the left. When installing a new one, it goes in from the left side to the right.

·
Retired Admin
19,027 Posts
Reactions: Dougboffl

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
I was waiting for someone to say it was the speed dial.

Turning it clockwise would take you up to full auto at about 900 rounds per minute, . . .

Turning it counterclockwise would lower it down to about 60 rounds per minute, . . .

But nobody said that........... USN3

May God bless,
Dwight

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
I was waiting for someone to say it was the speed dial.

Turning it clockwise would take you up to full auto at about 900 rounds per minute, . . .

Turning it counterclockwise would lower it down to about 60 rounds per minute, . . .

But nobody said that........... USN3

May God bless,
Dwight
Yea, we missed having some fun with that one at the OP's expense.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.