M14 Forum banner

what is the name of the brown on GI fiberglass stocks

1471 6
i need to know the technical name of the brown on the springfield armory upper handguards on the new m1a's. i just got one today and somebody has painted it black and i want it to match my handguard :D
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
It kind of resembles an "Earth Brown" (Aervo Paints) color but then I have seen so many that are of slightly different shades and finishes depending upon the manufacturer that did them.

Krylon also makes a camo brown but I do not know if that would be what you are looking for.

Some are lighter and/or darker than others with a slightly different texture at times.

Good luck and I am sure that you will find a color that will suit your needs after you look around a bit.

Six

·
Registered
439 Posts
sixty:
To be exact here we need to turn to the drawing 11686426,it call's our item a premix gun shoulder stock assembly.
note 3. shall be primed first with 2 coats of Mil-P-46056 in Fed Std 595 Shade Brown 30045. Final top coat finish is Mil-C-46057pigmented to fed Std 595 Shade 30045.
regards. jeff

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
BrutalTuna said:
Yeah, that was going to be my guess too. 8O
I bet they can mix it right up for you down at wally world too! :lol:

·
Registered
439 Posts
alright guys:
fed std 595 can be looked at on the web at www.ipms-earth.com
i have a fed std 595 fan deck from my army days.
just to give you a little more info.
using the color chip for the m14 rifle fiberglass composite stock (30045)as per the original specs:

1. the first digit in a color chip number determines if it is :
1=gloss 2=satin 3=matte.
2. second gigit determines the color
0=brown
1=red
2=orange
3=yellow
4=green
5=blue
6=gray
7=other which can mean combos of white black blue whatever they put in it
8=flourescent.
oh i would also wager wally world can in al probability mix you up the correct color as the digital paint mixer utilizes the fed std 595 in its color base. jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.