M14 Forum banner

What Is The Biggest Handgun You Have Ever Shot?

7470 Views 117 Replies 80 Participants Last post by  M11293
For me, that would be a Remington XP-1000 that had been barreled and chambered for .308.
Reactions: Old18C and lrsco
101 - 118 of 118 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Automags in 30 carbine and 45 win mag would be the biggest regularly shot.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

Biggest is probably my brother's Dan Wesson in 445 Supermag.
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Wood Revolver

To give some idea the 3 rounds in the center are supermag. On the left is 44 mag.
Wood Cylinder Wood stain Varnish Bottle stopper & saver

Looking forward to trying out the Smith 29-2 I acquired recently.

· Civilian Non-Combatant
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Does any specialty gunmaker do up a revolver in .450 Bushmaster? I know it would need half moon clips. Would MagnumReseasrch do that?

What about as a revolver carbine . . .something like the Taurus Circut Judge, but stout as a BFR class gun?

· Registered
3,165 Posts
Does any specialty gunmaker do up a revolver in .450 Bushmaster? I know it would need half moon clips. Would MagnumReseasrch do that?

What about as a revolver carbine . . .something like the Taurus Circut Judge, but stout as a BFR class gun?
Never seen one, get a 460 S&W Magnum. Currently available by a bunch of manufacturers. Just about the same performance.

· Registered
67 Posts
I've shot both a .460 and .500 smith. Also have shot a 50 AE out of a DE. Wouldn't really recommend any for any practical purposes. My .44 mag is enough for me. I have shot a 30-30 and 308 in single shot pistol format. But they were not "true" pistols nor pistol cartridges were neat though

· Registered
43 Posts
Mine would be a 6 and 8.5 S&W Mod 29 with 24 grains of WW296 behind 240 grain Hornady Solid or JHP that I would use for hunting or defence
But both of these have also fired loads that were very tame. Is the question physical size of the firearm or the power generated when firing

· Registered
114 Posts
I once purchased one of these L.A.R. Manufacturing Grizzly MARK V pistols in .50 Action Express. I think it is the largest handgun I have fired on a regular basis.
Some other singles that were chambered for various rifle cartridges...but none that I owned.
Vertebrate Air gun Trigger Grey Gun barrel

photo~ cloudfront.

101 - 118 of 118 Posts