M14 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a standard M1A that I am redoing a stock for, and with that it has the standard flash hider that is not NM, so I am looking to upgrade even if it is just to a NM one. I was looking at the SEI USN/USCG brake, and I am googling and trying to look here for an answer, but I cannot find something that says it is the official brake or related. It looks like Army uses the normal NM brake and the navy uses the Vortex brake. Would anyone be able to enlighten me on this? Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,743 Posts
The USCG brake by SEI is used by the coast guard for there MK14 EBR T version,used by Hitron and water patrol boats,tames recoil dramatically,the Navy also used the Vortex DC hider on the MK14 MOD 0,the standard hider was used on the Navy SSR rifle

·
Registered
3 Posts
So the Navy uses the SEI Vortex flash hider... but do they use the ribbed one or the normal one? Any difference in function besides aesthetics?

·
Premium Member
3,743 Posts
The MK14 MOD O used the old non ribbed design,there is no one official hider used by the Navy,different rifles used different Hiders as I explained in my earlier post forgot to add also the MK14 MOD 1 used the Surefire Hider on that model.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts