M14 Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
How long has the wait been since he said it was shipped? I've had some items the last several years that took well over a month to arrive.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Monday May 2nd: " scope mailed out today, you should get it by Thursday" - seller's text

When it didn't show that Friday (May 6th): "Tracking number was not provided." -seller's text

I'll refrain from posting the username in case this is a misunderstanding, but I doubt it is.
How long has the wait been since he said it was shipped? I've had some items the last several years that took well over a month to arrive.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Member's username was HOYT43. They've been dealt with. The address I mailed the money order to is real enough, they got it and cashed it. Probably with a fake ID according to another forum post I found elsewhere on the web.

Lona Duff
314 Crestwood Dr
Apt 52
Willard, OH 44890

Now to see if I can get in touch with a postal inspector to try and recover the funds, but I think I'm SOL.

Thanks for all the support.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I almost got scammed by HOYT43 responding to my WTB LRB receiver. Communication was by message here and text. Sent pictures to me of a receiver. Phone number was Minnesota. Event sent me a Picture of a Minnesota driver’s license.

What save me was the picture didn’t show the receiver heel very well. I asked for clarification on the markings and a better picture. He said it was the standard US Rifle, 762mm M14SA, etc. But, when I zoomed in I could make out Rifle, Cal 30 T44 E. I asked again for a heel picture and he went dark.

Be careful out there.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I almost got scammed by HOYT43 responding to my WTB LRB receiver. Communication was by message here and text. Sent pictures to me of a receiver. Phone number was Minnesota. Event sent me a Picture of a Minnesota driver’s license.

What save me was the picture didn’t show the receiver heel very well. I asked for clarification on the markings and a better picture. He said it was the standard US Rifle, 762mm M14SA, etc. But, when I zoomed in I could make out Rifle, Cal 30 T44 E. I asked again for a heel picture and he went dark.

Be careful out there.
I think it's always a good idea to ask for more specific pictures you wouldn't normally find floating around the internet especially on high dollar items.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts