M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, here. It's like an Uber review. No one wants to bad mouth a member, but if all I see are positive reviews I must assume buying from someone with no review is a crapshoot.

·
Registered
183 Posts
No one wants to bad mouth a member, but if all I see are positive reviews I must assume buying from someone with no review is a crapshoot.
It is a crapshoot. Pretty sure I just got taken here on the forum for a rather large sum. USPS money order sent, they cashed it, and pretty sure they never sent the item. That's if they even had it in the first place. . .

"I need a mechanic to do some leg-work."

·
Registered
872 Posts
Yes, here. It's like an Uber review. No one wants to bad mouth a member, but if all I see are positive reviews I must assume buying from someone with no review is a crapshoot.
I was had by a guy a couple years ago, I was pretty new, didn’t rat him out just let it go. I was overly nice to him and I learned my lesson. He never posted again.

·
Registered
9,884 Posts
It is a crapshoot. Pretty sure I just got taken here on the forum for a rather large sum. USPS money order sent, they cashed it, and pretty sure they never sent the item. That's if they even had it in the first place. . .

"I need a mechanic to do some leg-work."
Wait...you dont know if you got what you paid for?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Wait...you dont know if you got what you paid for?
LoL! No. I never received anything from them. They took my money order and ran. Said it was shipped, didn't provide a tracking number, and they won't respond to emails, calls, texts, or PMs. Didn't respond to PMs despite being on the board here after I tried contacting them numerous times.

·
Registered
9,884 Posts
LoL! No. I never received anything from them. They took my money order and ran. Said it was shipped, didn't provide a tracking number, and they won't respond to emails, calls, texts, or PMs. Didn't respond to PMs despite being on the board here after I tried contacting them numerous times.
You must have got hooked by a scammer. No member in good standing would do that. You did report it right?

·
Registered
183 Posts
You must have got hooked by a scammer. No member in good standing would do that. You did report it right?
Yes. Reported via the report button on their profile page. Also reported to USPS, but I'm sure that's not going to go anywhere. Post office wasn't very helpful. I reported it via the postmaster links on the USPS website, and filled out all the forms, but I doubt I'll see any of that money back.

Really crap part about it was it seemed very genuine. I'm not easily taken like that.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Yes. Reported via the report button on their profile page. Also reported to USPS, but I'm sure that's not going to go anywhere. Post office wasn't very helpful. I reported it via the postmaster links on the USPS website, and filled out all the forms, but I doubt I'll see any of that money back.

Really crap part about it was it seemed very genuine. I'm not easily taken like that.
Was this a "for sale" listing here?....M14 Parts?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Was this a "for sale" listing here?....M14 Parts?
It was not a listed for sale item, but it was in response to a WTB ad. Pictures didn't come up as fraudulent in my searches, and seemed to be that they had the item in-hand. I have a phone number and address that both jive and line-up location wise.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
It was not a listed for sale item, but it was in response to a WTB ad. Pictures didn't come up as fraudulent in my searches, and seemed to be that they had the item in-hand. I have a phone number and address that both jive and line-up location wise.
The WTB ads draw the most scams. It sounds like someone hacked into the members account and assumed their identity/membership here. This has been going on lately and the hackers find someone that isn't a frequent poster and a member in good standing. This avoids any post count requirement or any red flags from a new member. Sorry to say I think you are SOL. Since you have the address, might make a road trip!!!! Just kidding....

·
Registered
183 Posts
The WTB ads draw the most scams. It sounds like someone hacked into the members account and assumed their identity/membership here. This has been going on lately and the hackers find someone that isn't a frequent poster and a member in good standing. This avoids any post count requirement or any red flags from a new member. Sorry to say I think you are SOL. Since you have the address, might make a road trip!!!! Just kidding....
That's why I said, "I need a mechanic to do some leg-work" LoL!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Could you post the username so this don't happen to other members.
I'm not sure I can call them out here without mercilessly being banned by the mods. They've been reported on multiple levels. Not sure about reporting it to the police yet.

Believe me, I would love to call out their username, first and last name, email address, cell phone number, and mailing address.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Imo post the username. Let others know you've had an issue with whoever is on the other end of that account. What timeline are we looking at for the transaction? Two plus weeks after "shipped" three days?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Monday May 2nd: " scope mailed out today, you should get it by Thursday" - seller's text

When it didn't show that Friday (May 6th): "Tracking number was not provided." -seller's text

I'll refrain from posting the username in case this is a misunderstanding, but I doubt it is.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
No harm in posting his username here.....no other info needed, In a way it's nothing more than feedback for a transaction that didn't work out. It's in the interest of the community here to know who we might be dealing with....
Sorry for your experience!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts