M14 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided to replace my SAI 1911 as it just never seemed to fit me well. It was accurate, but I found myself calling a lot of pulled shots. It's reliability was also questionable as it only liked one of my mags. I even bought more of the same brand mag, but it didn't like those. So I decided to replace it with a HK45:

(note: this is not mine as I was too lazy to go upstairs and get it out of safe)

The ergonomics are incredible on it. Like it was made to fit my hand. I also think it's the looks awesome. The trigger is ok, but not as good as a good 1911 trigger or Sig trigger. However I'm quite happy with accuracy:

All targets shot at 15 yards. Orange spot is 3". I'm sure a better shooter could have done better as I'm not too into handguns.

·
Banned
213 Posts
hk

hk- too expensive for my tastes but i have some buddies that have same weapon and they like it except for cost and new mags are $20 more than a springfield xd mag in same lineup

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Darned good shooting and if you'd maintained your concentration just a tad bit better, your group would have been even tighter. You have potential but you need to concentrate of the basics of grip, trigger control, sight alignment, and follow through. Make darned sure that you aren't anticipating recoil or jerking the trigger, let it surprise you when the hammer falls, speed will come later. Dry firing is excellent practice and costs nothing, just do it in a safe place with an empty weapon with no ammo in the area...

7th

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I like the mag release levers! Nice gun.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
You shoot it way better than I do. Something about HK doesn't work for me. Totally will stick to my 1911.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Nice shooting and HK

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Had a USP 40 that I couldn't hit the braod side of a barn with. Switched to a 1911 and have had no problems at all!

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I tried the USP and didn't like it at all. I shot two of them side by side with my XDm and my XDm outshot them by a mile. The HK45 is a huge improvement in my opinion as it is infinitely more comfortable and points more naturally for me. The full size HK45 and P30 are really the only HKs I like, and that's purely based on ergonomics.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Been shooting a 1911 since 1957. by now it feels like part of my hand. I'd rather fight than switch.

NN

·
Registered
187 Posts
My wife & myself both have the full size HK45s...love them ! Yea, the trigger pull is a bit heavy in DA but you can carry it locked & cocked. Ours have been 100% reliable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had a USP40 for over 15 years as a duty weapon. I always qualify in the 90's, usually in the upper 90's. That being said: the thing feels like you are holding a 2x4. I got a replacement o-ring barrel and that cuts the grout size in half. With a 1911 I cut that group size even more. The 1911 just fits. I have to work at the H&K...BUT...the thing works! Maybe knowing that I have to spend trigger time with it and doing that makes it work for me. Goes bang everytime, and that is kind of important to me. Everything works, everytime. Pricey? Maybe, but built like a rock.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts