M14 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought of this. Perhaps there is another thread like this elsewhere. If so, mods please delete.

I was hoping to get a thread started that detailed out what YOU have done to educate, motivate, teach, train, write to your representative government etc. about firearms and/or the 2nd amendment.

My goal with this thread is two-fold:
1. It gives you motivation to do one of the above listed.
2. Other forum members can learn something, and apply it to their neighbors, local community, state, and/or fed representatives.

I’ll start it off.
1. I recently, educated one of my fellow co-workers/hunters about advanced scopes as he drew a coveted big game tag here in MT. (I know, this seems lame, but I was hoping for this as well as belching 2nd amendment to an anti gunner).
2. I taught my wife how to run my Dillon 650.
3. During the COVID mess, I have been getting nonstop emails from GOA. GOA gives you templates to send to your reps to STOP anti-gun legislation. I first read what GOA wants to send then I fill out there e-form and send it. I usually get emails or letters in the mail back from my reps. Depending on their cant, I like to see the response. If it’s a neg response, I know that a enough Responses will get them to move for votes.

Make sense?

I’m not a weapons instructor or LE fella. So, I can’t give those experiences. I’m hope those folks jump in and identify what they do for the good of our community.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I am teaching a friend basic rifle marksmanship this week. That is all we talk about at work is firearms..when the liberals are out to lunch.

·
Administrator
17,159 Posts
I sent in my dues and a donation to the NRA Whittington Center out in New Mexico for a new year.

Reactions: seagiant

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I had been talking to a very liberal friend for about 6 months about getting a firearm. Well, we met up on Friday at the local gun store, and she bought an MP Sheild, 9mm.

I have been doing what I do to convert/introduce my friends to the family.

Example/Sharing is the quickest route to changing minds and hearts.

TP

·
Forum Jester
6,878 Posts
i had another beer, got halfway through the assembly of my new ar-9.

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
I went out and shot mine today!

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
The best idea is to never, ever vote for any Democrap.

Reactions: 58COOP

·
Registered
58 Posts
Before the Kung Flu hit, I took a millenial coworker out to shoot my SAI standard. I overheard him talking on the phone about how much he liked the M14. I was impressed, but after asking him about it, turns out he was talking about a video game! After firing my rifle he asked if it was for sale........

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Spent 30 minutes teaching my friend and current employer ( I'm working for a friend, helping to finish his house) what the concepts and benefits of a wind reticle are and later in the day ( next break) he wanted to know how wind works at range and how uphill/downhill actually affects ballistics.

He's a very experienced hunter, but hasn't been educated in some of the more current tools and techniques.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Well, from the great white north here’s my version:

Signed two petitions sponsored by Conservative MP’s
Purchased a membership in one of leading pro firearms organizations who is also filing a Federal court challenge, also gave a $100 donation on top of membership fees
Visited a Uber liberal blog page and wrote an unemotional and factual retort to the authors pro gun ban positions. A sole respondent only threw out some slurs and no cogent counter arguments so I must have done okay FWIW

Once the range closures are finished going to take a buddy from work to try out my M24 clone and M40A5 clone at a local 600m military range to give him a little taste of longer ranges.

My advice, don’t ever let anyone mess with your 2A, it’s a barricade to tyranny.

·
Registered
Save the Country - Vote Libertarian
146 Posts
Pointed out to people that open carrying ARs and wearing their military cosplay outfits at rallies as a show of force to look threatening is doing far more harm than good for us. Also helped my buddy pick out an upper for an AR I'm helping him build.

·
Registered
526 Posts
With the help of the CMP and the CMP State Directors, the NRA, a local private school, and a dedicated group of friends/coaches/volunteers, I stated an airgun shooting club for adults and juniors in Cook Co, IL (Arlington Heights).

We built a 6-position 10M adult airgun range initially, and eventually built a 16-position Junior 3P air rifle range and 5-position junior air pistol range as well. With the help of NRA Grants we provided all the equipment for the juniors - even Steyr Air Pistols and Anschutz/Walther Precision Air Rifles and gear.

The club has sent juniors (virtually all expense paid) to the Olympic Training Center and NRA Championships to compete, and brought in former Olympians as well as USAMU members to coach them. Students have won numerous State Championships and at least one National Championship.

Student have gone on to join college shooting teams, The US National Team, and the military.

I no longer run the club, but it is still operating thanks to a dedicated group of volunteers.

Look them up if you know a junior that is interested or like to shoot 10M airgun - http://www.aiac-airguns.org/

1 - 16 of 16 Posts