A Hahn M14 H&R receiver to go with my CMP H&R Kit. GI1

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
KUSA KP9 magazine coupler
KUSA Vityaz Triangle Stock, 5.5mm folding
$200.00 check to the ATF

A squeaky wheel gets greased.
After discussing some issues with KUSA's VP of Sales/Customer Service he included a KUSA KR9/KP9 Backpack.
Designed to securely carry their firearms, mags, misc accessories and more.

I'll be sure to give their Customer Service a glowing review.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Oops

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Hows the ammo look?
Cans were in flawless condition. No dents, scrapes, rust, etc. Brass is shiny like new. No corrosion or oxidation. Very different than the can of surplus I just finished up. Can was beat up and brass was tarnished and corroded in spots. All rounds fired no issue and they're fairly accurate.

I probably got extremely lucky. I don't think this crate of ammo ever saw the elements and was stored perfectly. Year of production on the cans says 83.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Ordered a scope for the new aero M5 308 project. Its getting a 3-15 XTR II and a Badger unimount. Really looking forward to getting back out to a range and trying this rifle out.

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,065 Posts
Got some components -

200 Berger vld target 168gr match grade projectiles
100 Lapua .308 small primer brass
1 Lb IMR 4064
1000 CCI benchrest primers

Trying to make some accuracy rounds for my FN bolt guns.
m14brian

·
Read Only
2,231 Posts
USGI Handguard with retaining clip

I had always disliked both the look and function of the handguard that came with my AG Composites carbon fiber CBR stock. It was attached with four hex screws which required removal to permit a normal field strip of the rifle. Not a practical scenario in a SHTF situation which is why I own the rifle in the first place. On top of that it was boxy looking and heavier than an issued USGI handguard.

I was considering selling the stock when the lightbulb went off! I honestly don’t know why I didn’t think of it sooner. I found some stainless set screws to fill in the threaded wholes in the stock and ordered an USGI handguard from a forum member here. I’ll be looking into powder coating it flat black to match after I relieve it to eliminate any stock contact.

Here is what it looks like with one in place:

1641 - 1660 of 1684 Posts