M14 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know its a headspace gauge but to what?

Thanks in advance for your help.

RENGI2

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
I don't believe it is for a Carbine as the SNL for the Carbine is 028.

The person who set up the marking equipment to mark the package apparently could not read and the last four digits he put into the marking equipment was 5012. That should have been B012. If we accept that B012 is what it is supposed to be, then that is the SNL for a 25mm Very Pistol. If he transposed the 2 and 1 then it would be B021 and that would be for an M1 Rifle. Or if it should have been B017 it is for the M1922 .22 cal rifle.

But the error in placing the number 5 where the letter B should be can only leave us all wondering what the correct marking on the package should have been and thereby making us wonder what is actually inside the package.

OPEN IT! OPEN IT!

·
Forum Jester
6,986 Posts
if your good with a scalpel or razor blade,you can slit it open

Reactions: XM25Ren

·
Premium Member
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't believe it is for a Carbine as the SNL for the Carbine is 028.

The person who set up the marking equipment to mark the package apparently could not read and the last four digits he put into the marking equipment was 5012. That should have been B012. If we accept that B012 is what it is supposed to be, then that is the SNL for a 25mm Very Pistol. If he transposed the 2 and 1 then it would be B021 and that would be for an M1 Rifle. Or if it should have been B017 it is for the M1922 .22 cal rifle.

But the error in placing the number 5 where the letter B should be can only leave us all wondering what the correct marking on the package should have been and thereby making us wonder what is actually inside the package.

OPEN IT! OPEN IT!
Bert you are hilarious! LOL

Thanks for this response.

So what you are saying is, these people who stamp them make mistakes, Yea I knew this.

REN

1 - 11 of 11 Posts