M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
All I can say is good riddance my 386 NG went back to the factory three times, first time to the ranger firing pin broke after the 4th round fired. Second time to the range complete cylinder lockup, third time 4th cylinder full firing pin broke again. The last time I sent it to S&W they wanted to know why I was shooting .357 magnum ammo in my .357 magnum revolver wtf? Also you there was a warning in the manual not to shoot any .357 loads under 125 grain or over 158 in it and to limit the amount of .357 you do shoot. They also then proceeded to lose my revolver for 4 months, when it was returned to me it was sans grip screws and looked like it had been fired a few hundred times without cleaning. I promptly cleaned it and sold it off for $400 which is very sad since I paid over $900 for it. The pachmeyer grips xs big dot tritium sights its light scandium frame and 7 rounds cylinder were all great as well as the practical accuracy but the thing just couldnt be trusted to go bang. And this my friends is why you do not buy new S&W revolvers.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
The Nightguards were proof of the old saying "just because it can be done doesn't mean it should be done. They were meant to be carried a lot and shot a little. Too much money and too many troubles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.