M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanted to hear some feedback on what gear u guys got. looking for a new backpack, and want to invest in a modular vest/ plate carrier... i have a blackhawk backpack that i use for school, it has held up great. its been hunting with me a few times too... there is so many companies out there: spec ops, blackhawk, condor, tactical tailor, just to name a few... please feel free to post pics too, would love to see what everyone else is running..

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have had good luck with tactical tailor equipment as well as arktis equipment. I am very comfortable with the arctis cap vest as well as the tt 3 day pack. They seemed a little pricey at first but the quality of both companies makes them(for me) a great value

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
I swear I'm not getting a cutback, but for the second time in a week I'm recommending survivalblog.com. If you go back a ways, at least a couple of weeks I think, [EDIT: SATURDAY JULY 30 2011] there was an article about bugout backpacks, discussing quality, whether or not you want a military or a civilian looking one (basically a rehearsal issue, since you will want to do that for a loaded pack), things like that with many great suggestions. Me, I go for heavy wear stuff and as neutral a look as possible while retaining milspec quality. For instance, my local police supplier carries Camelbak packs and I chose one of them, the BFM, for my mid-volume (meaning mid-weight) pack. It's covered with molle but on the other hand I bought one in sort of a spruce colour, nothing agressively military or police looking. It will pass fairly unnoticed here, at least if I wear it out in the winter, and people won't be saying "hmmm, he must be one of them survivalor fellers".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.