M14 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14,407 Posts
Obviously the same contractor for the hammer. I'm not sure if the H&R subcontractors have all been identified. That's a question for forum member Different.

Other letters often seen are T on the bolt and A on sights.

·
Super Moderator
11,835 Posts
Other letters often seen are T on the bolt and A on sights.
Where is this "T" stamped underside or on top? I've only seen one bolt stamped with a "T" and it was on the tail end, on a very late SA M1. The barrel had a "T" and I know that was for Target tested, a "T" in the op-rod saddle was for the Tilt test so I assumed that the "T" on the bolt was for the same tilt test.....

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Where is this "T" stamped underside or on top? I've only seen one bolt stamped with a "T" and it was on the tail end, on a very late SA M1. The barrel had a "T" and I know that was for Target tested, a "T" in the op-rod saddle was for the Tilt test so I assumed that the "T" on the bolt was for the same tilt test.....
I'm assuming he is referring to the "HRT" marking found on H&R M14 bolts.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Curious... how do you get 4,598 posts in 4 years on a forum that's about M14 rifles and not know it's a part number and not a serial number?
I'm curious because I dont know everything. Besides why do you care, not everything on this forum is about m14s and I never bothered to ask until yesterday.
What would you have me do, start another login so I can ask a question about a rifle? Would that ease your life? Does it matter if I said serial number instead of part number?

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I'm curious because I dont know everything. Besides why do you care, not everything on this forum is about m14s and I never bothered to ask until yesterday.
What would you have me do, start another login so I can ask a question about a rifle? Would that ease your life? Does it matter if I said serial number instead of part number?
So your aloud to be curious but I'm not?
Since you asked, how about the search function here on the forum or on Google.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
I never quite understood why the recommendation to use the search function first was so important. Every time I log in to this forum I look at all the thread topics just looking for something to talk about. So what if the same questions get asked all the time?

There's multiple threads on shaving in the Geedunk. Not one time did someone say, "We've already talked about shaving, use the search function."

I also notice some people get annoyed when an old thread is resurrected. So use the search function, but don't post on the old threads because... well, I don't know, just don't do it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.