M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would start a thread that gives the answers to some of the questions.
What are the range fees, match fees, and miscellaneous fees associated with Campy Perry?

·
Registered
788 Posts
Part of the answer is driven by which matches (and how many) you're going to shoot. The Board matches, ie President's 100, NTI, NTT, and NTIT are less expensive but you supply your own ammo. The CMP Games, ie Garand, Carbine, and '03 Springfield matches include the cost of issued ammo and are less expensive as well (~$45 each). The NRA Nationals are much more expensive (~$250-300 IIRC) and you have to supply your own ammo too. Hotels run between $80-150/ night. Huts or barracks on site are less expensive but go quickly in late April/ early May. Meals are what you choose on or off post. The most expensive (and dangerous) thing is commercial row. dance2

That's a start.

Eagle 1

·
Retired
4,769 Posts
Part of the answer is driven by which matches (and how many) you're going to shoot. The Board matches, ie President's 100, NTI, NTT, and NTIT are less expensive but you supply your own ammo. The CMP Games, ie Garand, Carbine, and '03 Springfield matches include the cost of issued ammo and are less expensive as well (~$45 each). The NRA Nationals are much more expensive (~$250-300 IIRC) and you have to supply your own ammo too. Hotels run between $80-150/ night. Huts or barracks on site are less expensive but go quickly in late April/ early May. Meals are what you choose on or off post. The most expensive (and dangerous) thing is commercial row. dance2

That's a start.

Eagle 1
Yes, commercial row and the "North Store" can really add to the costs of the trip. Ask me how I know...ICONLOL

As an interesting historical note, the small huts on base at Camp Perry were built to house POW's in WW2.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Then let's give the costs per match and let folks understand what they are facing. For example,to shoot the NRA Nationals is 3x800 point XTC matches- 3x200yd Standing Slow fire, 3x200yd Rapid Fire sitting, 3x300yd Rapid fire prone, 3x600yd Slow fire Prone. This costs x-amount.
For CMP Week, you shoot the NTI, NTT, NTIT and the Presidents 100. Each of these matches cost x amount.
Lodging is horribly expensive= I spent 1800 for 2 weeks in 2002 and I was sharing a place in Port Clinton. The huts are OK unless you forget to bring a window AC.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts