M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hello, my m1a did not come with front sights, there are indentions in the barrel where something seems to been mounted before, but were removed.

SO I got me some front sights off ebay, I assume I need a screw on front base but so far have not had any luck in finding said base. Any ideas? Anyone have one to sell? How much are they. I have a flash suppressor on its way do not think it has a spot to mount the sight..

*** actually, the flash suppressor I ordered off here might do the trick. But it accidentally got shipped to wrong person, but hopefully will get to me one of these days!

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
The little allen screw is 1/16"
The big one is 7/64"

I have a Brownells castle nut wrench. It worked good for me when I changed my flash suppressor.

I found what looks like a much better one online but you wont be dealing with the same situation as I did just putting one on.

I did a bunch of reading online and it seems alot of people have trouble with their castle nuts being really tight.

If I do this again anytime soon I am looking for one of these:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=321874788

Was rereading your post: The sight goes on top of the flash suppressor pictured. I got my flash suppressor from Brownells also. The flash suppressor slides down on those grooves in the barrel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts