M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allright, I know we have a talented gene pool of gun enthusiasts here, so - what else have you done lately to create a sense of accomplishment for yourself, or satisfy the wife enough to get a decent sammich made for you ? Bonus points for creative eccentricity.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's mine - I took a couple of old stock gates that were left by the barn when we bought this place, and scratch built a new gate for the homeland.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Trying to de-bug the ignition immobilizer on my 2001 Honda.
Works fine for entire day with numeous park and shop starts. Next morning have to disconnect the battery and pull a fuse, wait 15 minutes then reconnect everything and car starts fine.
Current 'hack' is to leave the key turned to acceessory position overnight, but that causes a battery drain. Have to start & drive in the morning, or hook up a battery charger to keep the battery good for the next day.

Next week will probaby go to the Honda shop with a stack of $50s and see how many they have to stuff in to fix it.

Next house project is to 'sister' a weak floor joist - will screw and glue with construction adhesive and want to want for warmer weather when I can run exhaust fan for several hours. Have a 2X4 post under it now. It looks to me like the problem started when the original framer tightly jammed a diagonal blocking that caused a slight split at that location.

Earlier projects:
Made stair railing 'terminators' to connect the straight railing for basement steps. Top goes straight directly to door frame, and bottom is 90degree turn into side wall.
Braced missing basement (unfinished) stud in a load bearing wall. I think the original stud was removed by either a long ago electric or furnace installer.

Jay

·
Registered
143 Posts
I swapped out the original laminate stock for a synthetic on my Ruger scout. Next up is converting some old VHS tape storage boxes for my wife to use for storing spools of ribbon.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Also, I trained the wife’s cat not to claw the couch anymore. For the last month if been working from home at the dining room table. As such I’ve been in the perfect position to “remind” said kitty not to claw. She hasn’t tried in weeks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found the alphabet, complete with Morse Code for practicing communication outside of Idiot Phone surveillance.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Got my "barn find" Hornady progressive reloader up to snuff and ready to reload.

Had to create a new handle for it . . . 5/8 steel rod with wooden roller handle. Installed LED lighting so I could see inside it while reloading.

I really like this a lot more than the old style.

May God bless,
Dwight

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Put an ambi-dex safety on a Kimber 1911 that never had one.
Upgraded trigger and firing pin springs on a SCCY CPX-2 and Ruger LCP.
On the LCP I also polished the feed ramp, shortened the mag coil, filed down the hammer and dremeled the inside of the slide above the mag in an attempt to facillitate better hollow point cycling. Still playing with an idea on how to tighten the sloppy mag.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Aww, man, some of these projects you guys have posted here are begging for pictures to show off to all the rest of us ! Not to mention inspiring all of us with your great ideas. Get busy with the camera, will ya ?

·
Registered
228 Posts
What kind of pellet grill ?
The smoker is a Pit Boss Pro. I wasn't happy about the 20 deg temp swings, so I ordered a Smoke Daddy PID controller. They strongly recommend a bigger fan, so I bought one of those, too. My smoker now runs over 70 degrees hotter than setpoint! They're sending me a free replacement auger which they say will fix things. Anyway, my ribs yesterday weren't as good as I used to do on a Weber kettle. So much for technology.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts