M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
668 Posts
It's definitely an M40A1ish rifle.

The A1 did not have a tactical bolt knob (just the factory Rem handle) and the stock did not have cheek saddle or the double sling studs up front (just the single Wichita swivel). That stock is the standard" HTG stock and not the "USMC" spec HTG.

None of this is a big deal as long as the seller didn't try to pass it off as "the real deal"

· Registered
2,656 Posts
If I recall corretly Atkinson made the original barrels. Most folks use Hart or Schneider barrels for a1 clones today. Can't tell if the receiver is clip slotted. DBM looks correct. Everything else mentioned is also correct. Looks to be a shooter.

· Registered
65 Posts
I saw that rifle on gunbroker last week. I like the pattern of the stock don't see many with the tan and black around.

Few things I noticed was the receiver isn't clip slotted, bottom metal is incorrect (BDL and not a winchester 2 piece), wrong bolt knob, saddle on stock, no wichita swivels. Check if its glass bedded, may only be pillared.

But Its good representation and if the rifle shoots who cares. As long as you are satisfied with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.