M14 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this stock on Ebay. It was listed as an m1a stock but it doesn't fit. I'm thinking the wood is for a Garand, but I'm not sure as I have no Garand. I'm wondering if someone changed the wood on it or if it came like this? Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Memphis,
You bought a folding stock for a Beretta BM-59 rifle.

Sorry to give you the bad news(I'm Greek, back in the day they killed the messenger that brought bad news)

Glenn

P.S. I have seen the post on your handi-work. Get an old wood M-14 stock and switch out the back end.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have several stocks to pick from already. I was hoping that I had bought something valuable GI6. I guess I watch too much antiques roadshow. I just bought a 16" barrel on the PX to go with it.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Memphis,
If you wanted something valuable you should of gotten some BM-59 magazines. They are worth a fortune!
Enjoy your next project. Will be watching for it.

Glenn

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
It looks like a home made folder.The stock is USGI and the folding stock looks like one that was made by Choate. IMO not a real BM59 stock. Dont shoot me!!GI8

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Home grown folding stock, made from a Garand stock. A BM59 stock would be cut for the detachable box magazine the BM59s had.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've started the conversion. I have the garand stock removed and the Choate folder apart. I am going clean it up some and paint it. I have a USGI fiberglass stock that needs a little work that I am going to try to use. I didn't know Choate is in Bald Knob Ark. I go thru there a lot. I will have to find it sometime.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Started working on it

I sandblasted the main part of the folder. It was a little rusty. then I treated it with tool black. I made a peice of aluminum with holes tapped to match the ones on the folder. I cut the stock (long and rough) to get an idea of how it will look.
I plan to screw and glue the aluminum block I made to the stock then bondo it to match.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts