M14 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to reduce the overall length of my rifle, and have ordered a GLFS. I'm wondering what muzzle devices will thread directly onto the barrel? What are the thread size on the barrel?

So far I've only been able to find the SEI units, but wouldn't mind looking for other options as well.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Ask a simple question.

Simple - A lot of things if you cross thread them on. My fake/dummy sonics suppressor threads on for a cool factor.

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
Do not attempt to do that.

If you thread a 5 1/2 24mm .30 cal device on it seems to work but you will send the device flying to kingdom come and maybe damage your rifle or yourself. It's up there with freeing stuck toast with a butter knife in the list of stupid acts.

Sure fire is the way to go. Get the m14 specific . Brownells has them usually in stock.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Do not attempt to do that.

If you thread a 5 1/2 24mm .30 cal device on it seems to work but you will send the device flying to kingdom come and maybe damage your rifle or yourself. It's up there with freeing stuck toast with a butter knife in the list of stupid acts.

Sure fire is the way to go. Get the m14 specific . Brownells has them usually in stock.
That's too funny! Thanks for the coffee in the nose!

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I'm looking for a Surefire M14 flash suppressor. I've seen pictures of them, but they are out of stock everywhere. I prefer the flash suppressor as I hate muzzle brakes. I used to have a USCG brake, which is on the tame side relative to muzzle brakes and it would still give me a headache after shooting 20 rounds.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've seen that but haven't seen any in stock. That was actually my first choice over the surefire.

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
There always seems to be posters than link those adapters. And I'm glad they they are trying to be helpful.

I wonder though if some don't understand what direct connect means.

Glad you found one.

The shims for the surefire are strange. They sit directly on the crown. When you place or remove the suppressor make sure you hold the action muzzle down.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Brownells stocks the older style SureFire flash hider, but the newer pronged one (as of January 2014) has never had a production run. This is what the SureFire guys told me at SHOT 2014; they have never had a quantity order so they have never actually produced them.

EDIT: I stand corrected... the three-prong hider is available all over the place now!

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Brownells stocks the older style SureFire flash hider, but the newer pronged one (as of January 2014) has never had a production run. This is what the SureFire guys told me at SHOT 2014; they have never had a quantity order so they have never actually produced them.

EDIT: I stand corrected... the three-prong hider is available all over the place now!
Can I get a link?

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
I am looking to reduce the overall length of my rifle, and have ordered a GLFS. I'm wondering what muzzle devices will thread directly onto the barrel? What are the thread size on the barrel?

So far I've only been able to find the SEI units, but wouldn't mind looking for other options as well.

For a scope gun only and use one of the gas ring scope base contraption for BUIS, get this one from Surefire.

http://www.surefire.com/catalog/product/view/id/174/s/mb762ss01/category/147/

Here is how it looks installed, see how much shorter the overall length of the rifle. The rifle is a LRB M25

Then you can install one of these courtesy devices so wont disturb the guys next to you.

·
Registered
53 Posts
If someone could post where they found the SF Flash Suppressor that are "all over the place" I would definitely appreciate it...I've been waiting for them to do a production run! None of our distributors have them (I work for a FFL).
Thanks,
Sterling

1 - 18 of 18 Posts