M14 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Thinking about downloading Frank Herbert's DUNE and reading it again. Been half a century. Might want that refreshed in my memory before the latest version of the book comes out at the Movie houses.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Like SciFi, like eBooks.

Just finished "An Alien's Task" from Kindle. Trying to figure out what to read next from this author.

Not the same author, but you might want to try The Three Body Problem by Cixin Liu (actually book 1 of a trilogy).

My realtor recommended this title and it didn’t disappoint.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Fallout

Harry Turtledove, Alternative History Fiction.

This is book #2 of a series. Might just be a trilogy. It's about a nuclear war breaking out centered on Korea at first in the late 40s or early 50s at the dawn of the atomic age.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
JB3617

Blind Man's Bluff - good book. Coworker gave me a copy. I rode boomers during the last part of that book. Being "back aft" in the Engineroom I rarely had any idea what might be up to beyond driving in circles and killing fish.
I'm enjoying it so far. My brother was on a fast attack sub while he was in. He recommended it. He also worked in the engine room, operating the hot rock.

·
Registered
290 Posts
"We Few"- U.S. Special Forces in Vietnam by Nick Brokhausen.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I tend to read more than one book at a time. The "free" ones on Kindle Unlimited are very easy to Alt-Tab between.

Rereading Home Before Morning. Lynda Van Devanter. A Vietnam army nurse.

The Accidental Guerrilla Kilcullen (makes me wonder if it will ever apply here)
Learning to eat soup with a Knife Nagl
A Bright Shining Lie Sheehan
In Retrospect McNamara

·
Administrator
17,200 Posts
The Russia Hoax (The illicit scheme to clear Hillary Clinton and frame Donald Trump), by Gregg Jarrett. Please don't spoil the ending for me.

GI2

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I finished " Principles "

I started this.
The best book ever , " Most dangerous Superstition "
I am at the beginning of the book , unbelievable
anti government book ,

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Doing the Classics thing. Just finished Homers Iliad.
Started Treasure Island

Reactions: seagiant
81 - 100 of 117 Posts