M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
That is ridiculous!!!

Midway has a great selection overall, but their prices are normally on the high end. They are not my first choice for supplies.

·
Cranky Old Vietnam Vet
10,663 Posts
What's sad is somebody will buy it at that price!
Just like 'Somebody' on Gunbroker.C*m Will Buy A Grossly Over-priced Winchester 1873 in Really Poor Condition...

Oops, Sorry!!! I Digress!!! Don't Ask Me How I Know?

GITEN

It Is Sad But True...The PRICE Would Drop...If Nobody Actually Bought Over-Priced Guns and Ammo !!!

AARRGGHH!!!

GI6

CAVman in WYoming

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Yes it is High Very High
But then again you are Saving $188.73 LOL

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Nice to see the price of that stuff has come down, at least at Widener's...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah, it pays to shop around for sure. Shipping is a huge deal as well as whether or not you have to pay sales tax. Some sites show low prices and then try to nail you on the shipping.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
That is ridiculous!!!

Midway has a great selection overall, but their prices are normally on the high end. They are not my first choice for supplies.
Yes, I use Midway and Weidners both. Generally Weidners is cheaper, but doesn't have the choice of products; nor is it always in stock. If it's a hard to find item, or need it fast; I usually end up "biting the cost", and get it from Midway. I can order from Midway this morning, and it will be on the UPS truck this afternoon; or tomorrow at the latest. They are quick. With Weidners, it's lucky to get shipped this week. If you can wait, save a few bucks w/Weidners. dozier

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Paying obsceme prices

My 2 cents.

Theres 2 kinds of people in the gun world and for that matter in any consumer environment.

I like to call them Type A and Type B.
The type A is someone who is usually not very technical or knowlegable about firearms but gets sexually excited when the gun goes "BANG".
This person follows all the latest crazes introduced by the gun industry who convinces you that their new M899 500magnum
will not only kill someone at 5000 yards but vaporize them in a bloody red mist.
They run to the nearest dealer, who is probably THE MOST EXPENSIVE and plinks down their credit card for that instant gratification. And enjoys the new purchase for about 6 months until the 600magnum is introduced and then puts the gun up for sale at some price which is exactly what a NEW one would go for if someone shops around.
Then they get surley when you offer them a decent price for the used gun and call you a nasty name for trying to lowball their gun.

Then theres the TYPE B buyer.
Much like a professional golfer.
He knows there is a gun for every purpose and tailors his purchases to the most effective way to get the end result he wants.
He's not impressed with wild claims or the latest fad from manufacturers but reads as much as he can get on the subject and makes his purchases with experience in mind.
He also knows the old maxim "God created fools because SOMEBODY has to pay retail" and shops around the market for the decent deal , which ALWAYS shows up with a little effort.

Unfortunatly the TYPE A buyer has been the force in the market since the last presidentail election and is having
a very bad effect on it.

Over the long run, the type B buyer will win out because
eventually the type A seller has to bow to the demands of
the economy and will have to sell to the type B buyer who then will get a good deal.

All markets are the same, we are just dealing in one thats a little more volitile.

Gerry

OH, one note.
I graduated from Type A to Type B about 25 years ago but I
was Type A for a while.
Long enough to max out my credit card.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
midways been smokin crack for a few years now! quite honestly, they used to be the best company in the busines. recently, the prices arent better than anyone elses, and they rip you off on shipping! greed set in at midway!

·
Registered
79 Posts
no way Midway

I purchased $150 worth of items from them and in the rush to ship it out they did a poor job packing the items and of course the bore solvent in the order broke open and contaminated the entire order.Long story short they charged me the shipping for a backordered item. $8 shipping for a $9 item I can buy locally. I no longer use Midway, they are high.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Midway has changed, they are not the company they used to be. I, too, have had issues with their packing and am not very happy with their shipping costs.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Midway is a rip-off. Dont use them, unless you just have to have it and cant find it anywhere else. That goes for Cabelas too...

The more people keep throwing corporate bonus money at these ridiculous big box outfits, the less chance the people who will give you a fair deal will stay in business.

Everything Midway sells is priced way above MSRP.....

·
Registered
72 Posts
Midway has changed, they are not the company they used to be. I, too, have had issues with their packing and am not very happy with their shipping costs.
I was just mentioning this to a friend of mine. Used to shop Midway for all my stuff. Now I rarely use them as I can always find better prices elsewhere.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
I purchased $150 worth of items from them and in the rush to ship it out they did a poor job packing the items and of course the bore solvent in the order broke open and contaminated the entire order.Long story short they charged me the shipping for a backordered item. $8 shipping for a $9 item I can buy locally. I no longer use Midway, they are high.

Yes, I did forget to mention in my previous post about their backordered items. They will nail you big-time on BO items. If it isn't in stock, I cancel it from my order. As I said previously, Midway is a last resort for items to be purchased. dozier

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
midways been smokin crack for a few years now! quite honestly, they used to be the best company in the busines. recently, the prices arent better than anyone elses, and they rip you off on shipping! greed set in at midway!
Well, they gotta pay for all that advertising on TV somehow GI2

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Now I rarely use them as I can always find better prices elsewhere.
Pray tell, where?

I like Midway because they have a great selection, and their shipping is reasonable, and I can "save" my shopping cart... Their return policy is great, too.

No, their prices aren't fabulous, but everywhere I've seen that has great prices either is constantly out of stock or over-charges for shipping.

Bimmer

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Pray tell, where?

I like Midway because they have a great selection, and their shipping is reasonable, and I can "save" my shopping cart... Their return policy is great, too.

No, their prices aren't fabulous, but everywhere I've seen that has great prices either is constantly out of stock or over-charges for shipping.

Bimmer
Midsouth, Grafs, Natchez, AIM surplus, Cheaper Than Dirt, Widener's, Top Brass...these are my "go to" suppliers.

Kevin

·
Registered
542 Posts
Im through with Midway....

They were at one time the best place to shop, even had free shipping. They are now, and have been for some time now, way overpriced on most things. Furthermore....they INSIST on making their products in CHINA...then continue to overcharge for the product. The shipping charges are WAAAY out of whack, very high. I just bought my last little bit from them a couple weeks ago, Im done with em.BLUESDEVIL

1 - 20 of 30 Posts