M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, FRESH MEAT...

ive been watching this forum for a while and decided there are some people here worth getting into it with. Past, army intel, present, husband, dad, student, 2 jobs, you know, another day in paradise. Future...

finally after years of waiting and saving acquired a Springfield M1A Scout, freaking love this rifle after years of being an AR snob. Will never go back, i'd rather eat lead.GI1

Anyways, since this rifle is as green as i am in regards to our new relationship if there are any pro tips and tricks for making this thing more accurate than it already is or just have some fun mods you want to share im open ears.

·
Administrator
18,174 Posts
Welcome on board 96BScout, pull up an old ammunition crate and sit awhile. This here Gun Board is a great place for information on our beloved M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for feeding her. Again welcome on board and have yourself a great week. Thank you for your service to our country, America is better off because of you.

DI5

·
Registered
639 Posts
Please be advised that you are exactly the kind of person I want to see show up here. We have a lot of old farts here (me). All patriots. Many who served. We need younger guys (you) to carry on the tradition. We need the younger folks who love their country, love freedom and will carry it for another generation. Us old farts will fall all over ourselves to help you. So, welcome aboard. So glad you love your new weapon.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Welcome from Maine!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Welcome aboard and Thanks for your Service!

·
Registered
317 Posts
hey all, FRESH MEAT...

ive been watching this forum for a while and decided there are some people here worth getting into it with. Past, army intel, present, husband, dad, student, 2 jobs, you know, another day in paradise. Future...

finally after years of waiting and saving acquired a Springfield M1A Scout, freaking love this rifle after years of being an AR snob. Will never go back, i'd rather eat lead.GI1

Anyways, since this rifle is as green as i am in regards to our new relationship if there are any pro tips and tricks for making this thing more accurate than it already is or just have some fun mods you want to share im open ears.
Welcome & I'm still finding my way here as well...Lots of help & these folks really do know just about everything about our weapon of choice!!

Specifically speaking about your rifle...If it's an SAI, (Springfield Armory Inc), Scout, & came with a synthetic stock & the Picatanny rail on the top of the barrel, be advised:
1) Check & make sure your Op-Rod is not colliding with the Picatanny Rails mounts on the barrel, could cause problems cycling.
2) If your Head-Space is 1.631, beware of the CBC 7.62, (Gold & White box) ammo, your rifle probably will not like it...
3) Jake2far mentioned it, but clean & grease it before heading to the range, otherwise, you'll be really ticked!!! (You've probably already done that, cause you said you love it)....
4) Spend any money you can scrape up on ammo for now & keep reading here before getting all twitterpated about "Additional/Replacement" parts, there will be time & you don't have to have everything right away.
5) Read, Learn, Shoot, & Enjoy the rifle....
All of the above advise is offered from Recent experience & with the most honorable of intentions.....I too aquired my 1st Scout in March & wish I'd listened to myself....

·
Registered
113 Posts
Welcome from NE Ohio.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Wow that's a loaded statement around here--But really Welcome aboard, glad to have you. Like others have said, learn the rifle, watch Tonybens' videos and the other tutorials already listed and most importantly, shoot, shoot, shoot, after all, that is the best part of owning the M1A.

Again, welcome aboard,

Bob

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Welcome 96BScout. You sound like our kind of guy. The post above with the links to TonyBens work, is good advice! Good luck and post often.

Bob
GI1

·
Registered
66 Posts
So you were 96B? I started out as 96R running a REMBASS down in Honduras in the early to mid 80s, then OJTed to 19D Cav Scout. Welcome to the world of John Garand and let me take yet another opportunity to say that Eugene Stoner was a commie.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts