M14 Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’d like to get a few more mags for my SAI Milspec 1911 and my CMP Colt.

Are CMI 1911 mags any good. Any others I should look at?
I have been using Wilson Combat 47D Magazines since 2008 when I got my first 1911 and started to carry it concealed and about 2015 I added a few Wilson Combat 500 magazine to the mix. I still have all my Wilson Combat mags and I change out the Spring with a New Spring and Follower every 18 months since I rotate the magazines that I keep loaded for Concealed carry. I now have five 1911s so each pistol normally has a loaded magazine in it but an Empty chamber and the hammer is down (Condition two) and I have the Loaded Magazines that go into the Mag carries for my Conceal Carry Rig which normally I carry 2 or 4 extra mags depending on what the agenda of the day and where I will be going.
I use the OEM Mags that came with my pistols Springfield 7rds and Sig Sauer 8rds mags for trips to the Shooting Range and the Wilson Combat are for Conceal Carry but I only keep the ammo in the Conceal Carry mags for 18 months then that ammo gets used during one of my monthly trips to the range so I try to have Fresh ammo in my weapons. I live in Central Florida and the Heat and Humidity can be an ISSUE with NOT SEALED ammo. I keep all my ammo in 50 caliber STEEL CANS that I put a chemical Hand Warmer that uses the Oxygen in the can and creates a Vacuum Seal keeping ammo DRY and For YEARS.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Mostly have CMC power mags, Springfield Armory, and Colt mags. I use both the 10 and 8 round CMC mags. I recently purchased the Mecgar 8 round mags with the polymer follower and these function very smoothly. I haven't used them on the range yet, but function tested them with dummy rounds.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Wilson 47D in the norinco. McCormick Shooting Star jam a lot. Followers with a bump 7rnd work well.

paperwork351

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Wilson, chip McCormick, Les Baer, colt. All with zero issues.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts