M14 Forum banner

Whamo Camo stocks

2463 13
Does Whamo Camo offer already painted stocks or do you have to supply the stock yourself? Where can I get a price list? Also, would it be practical to have an average quality synthetic stock bedded? If so what is the best type of bedding? I've heard of glass and steel bedding. Are there more?
Thanks.

Edizzle
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Whamo

edill69,

Whamo does in fact provide painted stocks. If you go to the site, you can see the gallery of patterns offered. You can contact Six, either by
e-mailing him or sending him a PM, and he can tell you what the price would be for a given pattern and amount of work. I can tell you that he provides an excellent product that he will stand behind.

Darrell

http://whamo-camo.com/

·
Registered
357 Posts
Rather than start a new thread, I'll just ask it here, since it's along the same line. Try as I might, my experimentations just don't produce the same results as Six's, so my Big Red is going to him. My question is should I wait until I get finished building the rifle and bedded into the stock, or go ahead and send it now. You know, sorta like holding off on the trick paint job on your ride until you get the engine in, as not to scratch it. Thanks, tgw

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
taz7nads: Why would you want a wood stock to be painted? That seems almost like a crime against nature to me...

Have Six paint you a nice camo synthetic stock. That way you have the best of both worlds! :D

·
Registered
144 Posts
Big Red

Taz,

I have to agree with Quag. Painting a wood stock is sacriligious, to me, anyway. If it were me (and I realize it's not), I would refinish the Big Red and order a painted synthetic from Six. Then you have both. I have a Big Red, and it looks great refinished.

Darrell

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for bogarting my thread taz. I could see how you would think that adding your own thread would overload this forum to the breaking point. Maybe I'm wrong but this seems a bit inconsiderate.

E

·
Registered
357 Posts
Sorry, man, my bad. I thought the intent of the forum was to learn from each other, not to wear our feelings on our sleeves.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It has nothing to do with feelings. There were no feelings hurt. I posted a question so I could "learn from others" as you said, but as soon as you posted your question the responses seemed to drift directly toward your question. I took the time to post something that I would like the experienced people of this forum to give me some much needed advice about. I didn't post a question to read someone elses question.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
edill69: There's nothing to get riled up about. This sort of thing happens all the time. Someone makes a post, someone else responds & then the conversation goes on from there.

As to your questions:

1. Whamo Camo sells already painted stocks, but he also paints customer supplied stocks on request (SKS stocks, etc...).

2. The Whamo Camo website is right here: Whamo Camo.

3. From what I've read, you can bed a USGI synthetic stock, but there isn't much point to it as they are already pretty tight. It's a lot easier to bed a wood stock.

4. Bedding is usually done with some type of fiberglass or epoxy. If you pick up Scott Duff's book "The M14 Owner's Guide & Match Conditioning Instructions", or Jerry Kuhnhausen's "The U.S. .30 Caliber Gas Operated Service Rifles - A Shop Manual, Vols. I & II" you'll have some good info on the bedding process. Also, our own DigHawaii posted a very nice "how to", complete with pictures, on a bedding job he recently did himself. I just looked for the post but couldn't find it. Try PM'ing him for a link to the info. I'm sure you'll find it to be very informative.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I understand, and didn't mean to take away from your quest to learn. However, Quagmire is exactly right. The forum is a conversation, albeit in written form. Sometimes as everyone contributes, the "conversation" may take off in who knows what direction. It is entirely possible that someone posting after you and I could have touched on your question, or mine, or even both at the same time. Just wanted you to know there was no harm intended. taz

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I understand taz and my apologies for overreacting. I just saw the way the thread was going and felt like I was going to have to post another thread for replies to my original question. No hard feelings. And I apologize to all in this forum for turning the thread into a tit for tat and I know that is not what we are all here to read. :oops:

Thanks
Edizzle

·
Banned
11,516 Posts
as the previous post was posted by a guest/troll? I have deleted it for lack of merit in his statement. There are no flames allowed on this board.

The Range Officer

Wanted to add my sentiments about the above existing posts...I thought that it was handled mighty fine by all :D Thanks Guys :!:

·
Registered
231 Posts
I thought that we're all brothers here in this Forum. We're here to share
our knowledge and gain some of it from our Brothers....
If you Talk the Talk, do you Walk the Walk tooooooo.........8O
Juzz me. I apologize if I stepped on somebodyzzzzz Toezzzzzzz......

Gil

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.