M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK,,, I know these are painted on finishes - Looking for someone who has put theirs through the paces - how well is the camo painted surface holding up... Safe queens are no fun - but I really do not want to pay for a nice job and have it look like crap after awhile... maybe I am asking too much????????????? :roll:

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Aloha Harley,

I have quite a few WhamoCamo stocks... the very first stock that I purchased was the Sage. I would say that this stock is about 3 years old now. This stock has had a number of receivers put in it for pics and shooting, but has held up just fine.

This stock, as most of my stocks, are purchased and meant to be used and this one is not an exception. Just having something for a number of years, will usually result in it taking its "bumps and grinds" and this Sage is not showing signs of wear or damage.

I am very impressed with all of the stocks that I have purchased and do not regret a one of them!

After seeing the "black krinkle" stock from SA that chipped and peeled the day I got it, I was not sure of what to expect from WhamoCamo at first, but the years have proven that a good job will last and a poor one will not.

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
There are quite a few here who may be able to help answer your question along with what has been stated by past customers on the web sites "Testimonial Page" ...

While I appreciate your inquiry and any interest you may have ... As owner and founder ... I would like to inform you (and others here) that the fate of Whamo-Camo is questionable at this time and I am struggling now somewhat to merely get caught up and simply satsify those that are still waiting to receive their hand painted stock(s). Family obligations placed upon me that require a great majority of my time ... declining health and stressors due to some customer's demands and pressures are but a few of the factors taken into consideration on my decision as to whether or not I will even continue to paint in the future once I get caught up. In the meantime until I am able to come to a final decision of some kind I have chosen not to take any more orders as is posted on the web site.

It has indeed been an honor and a pleasure to have been able to deliver a smile or two in the past to so many wonderful people that have extended to me their courtesy, understanding and considerations.

In the meantime in between everything I have going on in my life I am here on this board as time permits to help others in any way I can.

Keep smilin' ... Shoot straight ... Stay safe and have a great day!

Six

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hey Six,

I am honored to have 2 of your stocks and to have dealt with you in the past. If you decide to quit, it will be sad to have such a talented man stop his creations, but I also understand that family comes first. Good luck sir (salute!)

Triggerman

·
Registered
222 Posts
Rick,

Sorry to hear of your situation. My prayers go for you and your's. Stay on the old keyboard as you can.

I'm enjoying the Cheyenne Autumn I got from you. It gives an old piece of glass warmth and it is holding up well.

Joe A.

·
Forever Remembered - RIP
3,750 Posts
Six, I sure hope your health gets better and you have many happy years raising that little sweethart of yours. If you do get out of the biz, the WamoCamo stock I have will have a more personal value to me. God bless you & yours.

·
"Staff Alumni"
2,653 Posts
Sorry Rick to hear you might be shuting down but health and family come first. I will be enjoying my three Wamo Camos for years to come :p Thanks Rick and I just have to show them off one more time ;)

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Hi Gang ...

First of all I would like to apologize to anyone if I appear to be beating a dead horse with bringing this topic back up to the top but I have quite a few customers who are also members here on this board and with all that has been taking place in my life style lately some of them may wish to know where they stand and I certainly do not want anyone to ever think that I have dropped off the face of the earth and just left them hanging.

While many folks have been extremely patient and understanding with my situation there are some that may have (or had) doubts and no matter which way our transactions end I would hope that everyone would at least know that I have been trying my best and did not "stiff" anyone by accepting their payment and leaving the country.

I have recently updated the index page of the Whamo web site to include some of the names of those that have been patient and to let them know that I have not forgotten them in any way. While some of these folks may not view the web site some of them may come here daily and I was hoping to possibly get their attention here ... if not there.

Some of this work has indeed been completed but not yet shipped while others are nearing completion and in other various stages.

The names of those listed below ARE NOT ALL but just some of those that I am trying to catch up on and finalize as time allows me.

A. Nielsen
K. Hinckley
T. Olson
M. Lazarski
D. Herzog
L. Berger
F. O'Donnell
H. Mystica
S. Lyons
J. Gammie
R. Chapman
D. Lannon
W. Wharry
J. Morgan
M. Doane
J. Hemingway

As stated previously ... these are just a few (and theres more) of the customers that I am attempting to get taken care of as quickly as time allows me. If any of you need to contact me please PM me here or I can be reached via email.

[email protected]

Thank you for your time and have a great day!

Six

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.