M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Clayton posted a few pics of my poly in a WTO newsgroup on MSN. I thought some of you might be interested in seeing a couple of them:

The bare receiver after rework to accept USGI bolts

The receiver & USGI bolt from above

The finished rifle

He installed a complete USGI SA parts kit (supplied by me). The only Chinese parts left are the forged receiver itself, the bolt stop & the connector lock.

Thes pics aren't very detailed, but you know I'll be boring you all with lots of detailed pics after I get it back! ;)

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Howdy Tom:

Haven't received it yet, should have it by next weekend.

I'll be taking it to the range at the 1st opportunity!! :)

Oh yes, I'll be posting some close up pics & lots of detail about the work done & my impressions of the rifle. You bet!!! :D

Ciao!
JP

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just talked to Clayton. He's still waiting on the spindle valve to show up so he can ship the rifle. I'd forgotten the spindle valve when I was packing everything to ship to him & he had to order one for me.

He hopes it'll arrive tomorrow & he'll ship as soon as it does.

I told him I liked the pics he'd upped to the newsgroup. He replied that the pics really don't do the rifle justice. Oh yeah, I can't wait to get this baby home... :D

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup, a whole herd of them!! ;)

I've really got my fingers crossed that it'll be here in time for the weekend, but I don't really think it will. I sure wish I'd remembered about that spindle valve, I've got 3 I could have sent him...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.