M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1911 Aficionado, Ruger Mini-14/30’s, Ruger Gunsite Scout, M1A1 Scout and many more!
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! New guy from West Texas here!
Me...professional musician, pilot, real estate investor, rancher, semi-retired, married, love breeding, raising and training and working German Shorthaired Pointers.

After having shot the M14 while on the MTU at Ft Riley 40 years ago...and having owned Mini-14’s for even longer...I finally broke down and bought a nice M1A1 Scout! Looking forward to learning the rifle again!

·
Administrator
17,947 Posts
Now you have made a good decision in registering here today and most definite you came to the correct place to learn more about the M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for her nutritional dietary needs, welcome on board and enjoy the site and I hope you post often Guitardude. Thank you for your service to our country, America is better off because of you.

XXIV Corps

Reactions: Guitardude

·
Registered
54 Posts
welcome and hello from AL.
there are so many people on this forum who have more knowledge on the M14 then imo anywhere else. so if you have questions ask and i am sure you will get a lot of answers.

·
Premium Member
1911 Aficionado, Ruger Mini-14/30’s, Ruger Gunsite Scout, M1A1 Scout and many more!
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, thanks folks! I recently joined a forum for the Ruger Gunsite Scout rifle and haven’t had this many replies in 6 months! Looking forward to being able to get straight answers to questions!

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Welcome from Fort Worth.

Reactions: Guitardude

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
San Angelo here...almost neighbors! :cool:
Many years ago while working for an Architect I was the Project Manager for several renovation projects we did at Goodfellow AFB and also did their new Base Fire Station.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Welcome from West TN. Hope your are not in El Paso because if you are you are on the moon. Lived there 4 years in the late 70’s. Thank God the rope was not cut that I swung out on.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Welcome from Alabama, If you like iron sight shooting join us in the 8” Dirty Bird target fun challenge, great reason to get out to the range. Heres the link.

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
17,422 Posts
Welcome in Sir from SoCal!

Just for the hell of it, I'll add I had a white on black '76 Les Paul Custom back when I was young. I was attending GIT in Hollywood back in the late "80s!
m14brian

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Welcome from Southeast Texas.
The flat part near the Gulf.
I have both an M1A Scout and a Ruger Gunsite Scout.
Not sure why the Scout length works best for me, may be because I'm short and the barrel doesn't drag the ground.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Many years ago while working for an Architect I was the Project Manager for several renovation projects we did at Goodfellow AFB and also did their new Base Fire Station.
Real big small town...have lived other places but this is home! Angelo’s BBQ on White Settlement road in Ft Worth is still one of my favorite BBQ joints. Still remember when it was a dive with sawdust on the floors!

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Welcome in Sir from SoCal!

Just for the hell of it, I'll add I had a white on black '76 Les Paul Custom back when I was young. I was attending GIT in Hollywood back in the late "80s!
m14brian
I have an all white Strat I traded Billy Gibbons from ZZ Top for. He still wants it back, and on the occasion thar we run into each other he always asks if I’m ready to trade it!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts