M14 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to build a m14 but decided to build a Ar10 and just picked up my AR10 from G A precision rifle. all custom with 24 bertlien barrel / magpul stock badger ord muzzle brake and tactical stablizer hand guard.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well done Marine! Range report? Great rifle no doubt, but doesn't have the same "feel" as the guts and glory M14(or does it?). Don't get me wrong I think you made an excellent choice depending on the mission. I to have the required "black" rifle.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Congrats on your new AR10. Shoot it, love it, never leave it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Congratulations. Pleas post photos and let us know how it shoots.

I haven't built a 14 yet, but I've built 5 or 6 ARs. They have all been 5.56 so far, but I'll probably end up building a 10 eventually.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this thing weighs in at 14.6 . wow. here is a pic of it more to come once i get time. I prob have to wait a few weeks for a range report due to snow and work schedule. enjoy

·
"Death From Above"
11,432 Posts
Beautiful piece of equipment. I but a similar -15 you are going to want to check out the accushot mono pod to attach to the prs stock. Mine has a 9-13 inch Harris as well and I plan on switching up to a 6-9 inch one. Reason why is when I have the Harris on 9 inches I need to extend the accushot all the way. It makes the platform a little to high and unstable. IT still shoots dime size groups but it's a little to high for my tastes using the monopod. Food for thought but the accushot is a great addition. If you do wind up getting one get it with the quick adjust button. I also opted for the aluminum button rather than the plastic one. That rifle is going to be a real shooter!
Here are a couple if pics. As you can see the bipod is at 9 inches and the monopod is at full extension to keep the rifle somewhat level. I still need to use a sandbag under the monopod to get it completely level on the bench. Like is said it makes a great addition to the prs stock

That GA precision sure is a sweet looking rilfe! Real sweet lines. Your going to really enjoy the accuracy from the long barrel. Your going to think I'm nuts but the one on my -15 is 28 inches. I never had anything as accurate as this rifle. It's effortless to shoot accurately. You have a winning combination there.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I was going to build a m14 but decided to build a Ar10 and just picked up my AR10 from G A precision rifle. all custom with 24 bertlien barrel / magpul stock badger ord muzzle brake and tactical stablizer hand guard.

George's crew built my AIAW clone on a Badger action, and man do I love it! You'll be nothing but greatly satisfied with ANYTHING coming out of that shop! Congrats and enjoy.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nice weapons buddy. I may get its dura coated in digital. Im also going to play around with different loads. this march im going to take it to the 600 yard range. cant wait

i need to take my camera to their shop. lol last time i was in there he had 80plus M21's. I cried a little . I admit it. it was a beautiful site.

·
"Death From Above"
11,432 Posts
Wow that's a lot of M21's. Please do take a picture. I have never seen more than one in a pic much less 80. I think I would be tearing up as well. That's a lot of hardware!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i may have to put on a cocking handle onto the bolt. I put a scope and its kinda hard to pull the charging handle back without dragging my knuckels.

·
"Death From Above"
11,432 Posts
Let me know what you figure out because I'm in the same shoes. I'm wearing out one side of my charging handle.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Let me know what you figure out because I'm in the same shoes. I'm wearing out one side of my charging handle.

Warren and racedraper, check out the Bravo Company's Gun Fighter series. They have three sizes and operate on a redesigned pivot point that allows even pull. I have one on my M-4 clone because of the Mk-IV CQT optic location does make it difficult to get my big knuckles under the bell. The BCM GF works great.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/

·
"Death From Above"
11,432 Posts
Wish I would have seen that one sooner I purchased the gas buster. The gunfighter may have to find it's way to my rifle. It looks well designed. If they figured out how to get the thing to come straight back nod not rotate to the right that's great! Thanks for the info

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
BCM "gunfighter" charging handle

Greetings,

I have a BCM gun fighter charging handle here for a build I'm doing for a friend. This is the first time I've seen one in person. It's a very well made and well designed of gear. This one is the small version and I don't think it's quite large enough. Not sure to order the medium or large. I'd been using the Badger latches before, but was impressed enough that I'm going to get one of these for my current optic only, varmint build.

Regards, Jim

·
Registered
476 Posts
Greetings,

I have a BCM gun fighter charging handle here for a build I'm doing for a friend. This is the first time I've seen one in person. It's a very well made and well designed of gear. This one is the small version and I don't think it's quite large enough. Not sure to order the medium or large. I'd been using the Badger latches before, but was impressed enough that I'm going to get one of these for my current optic only, varmint build.

Regards, Jim
Hi Jim,

I went with the large latch, because there is enough of it to catch with the inside of my middle finger knuckle that is necessary to charge it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Warren and racedraper, check out the Bravo Company's Gun Fighter series. They have three sizes and operate on a redesigned pivot point that allows even pull. I have one on my M-4 clone because of the Mk-IV CQT optic location does make it difficult to get my big knuckles under the bell. The BCM GF works great.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/
I have the badger ord charging hand just like those you said. I think that I am too used to ar15 buffer spring and not used to the strong and brand new ar10's. I think after a few dozen rounds it should loosen up, well I hope .lol

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
RE: BCM "gunfighter" charging handle

Greetings,

Thanks blackdiamond! I ended up ordering a large for my AR10, a large for my current varmint build and a medium to replace the Badger on my 20" target. The small one that belongs to my friend looked like it would be difficult to use with the scopes I have. They should arrive any day now, and I'll take some photos/measurements of the three types to post here. That should make it easier for anyone to decide which size to order.

Regards, Jim

1 - 19 of 19 Posts