M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By accident actually, asked the front they should make a m1a stock like the 10/22, Rem 870, AR-15 etc..

they said they thought about it...but..

Then I jumped in, not as large enough selling rifle as the ar15?

they said, pretty much yep.

Bummer, I know they're not the most accurate rifle stocks however, for my socom 16, they'd be perfect, add a little weight to absorb recoil and built like tanks.

Too bad.

I must say everyone that worked there was very nice and very helpful.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Gotta get folks to bombard them with requests for them. Most likely would take a substantial order from springfield armory to even get them interested though.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Doesn't it stink when there's something cool like a Hogue stock but since you/we don't have the "popular" gear, we have to suffer? It's kind of like being left-handed. All the good stuff is right but us lefties get the less-than-cool stuff. I've been trying to get Savage to make a LH Model 12 LRPV. I always say Savage makes some cool stuff and some left-handed stuff, but they don't make cool, left-handed stuff.
It's a bummer. Hogue has some nice stuff to offer too.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I can't remember the number they gave me but I was told that they won't consider a run of something unless there are something like 10k units in the US and still currently in production. I was trying to get them to make overmolded grips for the Sig 225. If you're really dedicated though they'll do whatever you want if you pay to have the mould made and agree to buy X amount of units from the first production run. IIRC the mould would have run like $10k.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts