M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's my first one using my m-14 with the sights and in as issued military configuration in quite a while. I got away with the heavy barrel and the arms mount still attached. I learned a few things for sure. I need more practice! On the first round it was a standard 100 yard target at 100 yards and I know I heard them say 5 rounds in 7 minutes. Well I did 7 rounds in 5 minutes. DUMB! both X ring hits were counted out for that one. The second round was the same thing but I changed my sling up and shot with it looser so all my rounds went a little high that time. Good group though. I was using aussie surplus. It ain't all that bad in the unbedded stock heavy 1-10 barrel m-14 of mine. Much better in the bedded stock though. I was averaging about 2 - 3 inches I guess today. The ofhand was way more than 2-3 inches though. :oops:
On the third round it was a full size silhouette and I had prett bad vertical stringing. That one was shot offhand. I had a couple x's , 1 clean miss, I think on the next target over actualy. stupid me! I got most of them in the 9 and 10 ring though. I really suck at offhand these days. Especialy when it is windy like today and my fingers were numb with cold.
I know excuses, excuses.
I had a ball though ad met some new folks and joined a club full of good people. It was worth it. I'm gonna start going more now.
Don't even ask me my scores. It has been so long since I competed with open sights I was pretty embarrased.
Oh well , I'll get it back.
Having fun is what counts. Right?

I am surprised I even got up to go to it really. I was up doing the customer service thing till 2 AM last night. Some of you guys never sleep do you? :D That's ok. If you guys need something from me feel free to email or call anytime. I'm always available.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
:D OK at least you got some Trigger Time, Thats more then I got. :(

·
Banned
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These storms cought up with you east Texans today didn't they? They had a cmp match here yesterday in the rain and mud. You should see the hill going into the canyon where the range is. It's a very steep long dirt road. I bet some people had fun.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Sounds like you had a good time despite a few minor problems. :D Dan, I hear you on the numb fingers. Hard to get good trigger control when you can't feel the trigger.

I missed out on the Temple match this weekend because I was down in Houston to vistit with my family for Easter. Because of the rains, I'm sure I didn't miss much, though. If it rained half as hard up in Temple as it down down in Houston, they would have needed periscopes to sight in for the prone stages. :wink:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Dan, it sounds like you had fun! Did your son get to shoot in his match? I'm ready to have the warm spring weather back. I've turned into a fair weather shooter and I know that it will go hot on us soon. regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.