M14 Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I only had handgun caliber collets and not a 308 collet for my RCBS puller and my neighbor lent me his Hornady Cam-Lock Bullet Puller (#050095) and collet to pull a bunch of 308s. I liked it so much that I bought my own as soon as they were available. I liked the lever design so much better than the RCBS screw design that when I discovered an inexpensive lever mod for the RCBS puller on Snipershide.com (RCBS bullet puller Mod for COAX press). I purchased 2 and gave one to my neighbor. Did not have to make the cuts the author mentions for it to fit my RCBS Rock Chucker press. Recommend the Hornady for 308 bullets. Pulled about 100 without marking them up.

·
Registered
28 Posts
RCBS will replace your broken puller for free. Just call them. I wore out the aluminum insert on mine and even though they sell replacements, I called and they sent them for free….

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I only had handgun caliber collets and not a 308 collet for my RCBS puller and my neighbor lent me his Hornady Cam-Lock Bullet Puller (#050095) and collet to pull a bunch of 308s. I liked it so much that I bought my own as soon as they were available. I liked the lever design so much better than the RCBS screw design that when I discovered an inexpensive lever mod for the RCBS puller on Snipershide.com (RCBS bullet puller Mod for COAX press). I purchased 2 and gave one to my neighbor. Did not have to make the cuts the author mentions for it to fit my RCBS Rock Chucker press. Recommend the Hornady for 308 bullets. Pulled about 100 without marking them up.
Try using larger font, thats mighty fine printing for us old guys with 60 plus year old peepers.

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
RCBS will replace your broken puller for free. Just call them. I wore out the aluminum insert on mine and even though they sell replacements, I called and they sent them for free….
Am well aware of RCBS policy, however I dont intend to bother them over this, I have a spare.

·
Registered
Quite a few of them at one time, before the boating accident.
108 Posts
Was pulling some bullets today and while trying to pull some light .25 cal bullets from tight cases, this happened. Felt part of it bounce off my chest just before it went into orbit, spent a few minutes looking for the remains, then gave up.
Irks me to lose the case though, hard to come by .25 Remington case.
View attachment 452292
Hey so, welcome to the club.

I still use a RCBS inertia hammer sometimes (although I usually use a collet puller for rifle cartrdiges) ... but with the RCBS inertia hammer I learned to use cardboard. Use duct tape to tape two thick pieces of carboard together and pound that ... it'll flatten but it still provides enough cushion on concrete to strike hard and get the job done without breaking your hammer.

A lot pf people are unaware that those collets that hold the cases in those hammers come in different sizes and those banded collets in an inertia hammer do make a difference.

ETA: I may have some 25 Rem cases I can send you. I'll go through my misc drawer tomorrow. They may be rolled-up with some cast boolits but they'll pull and clean up nice.

Reactions: WaM14gunner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts