M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I acquired a 1970's (I think 1976) Springfield M1A on these forums some months back, and I've enjoyed not only owning it and shooting it, but also the story behind it (that link, here: http://m14forum.com/m14/157333-pagi...e-else-can-help-me-dig-into-my-new-rifle.html). I have run about 500 rounds through it at this point and not only taken care of it but I've also added:

Bassett High profile mount
Blackhawk 30mm medium rings
Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 w/illuminated reticle (SFP not FFP)
2x CMG 25round magazines

I may need to sell in order to address a few things that have come up, much as I'd prefer not to. Below are some pictures of the parts taken when I initially received the rifle (so excuse any indications that the rifle is dirty, it's probably that I'm terrible with a camera). Any assistance in recommendations on with or without scope would be appreciated. Thanks.

Don't have pictures with the new Basset high mount and Vortex optic yet.

·
Registered
8,680 Posts
We are not allowed to speak of pricing.

Trigger group: USGI SA, USGI SA M1 hammer
Op-rod: USGI SAK
Bolt: USGI TRW
Barrel: USGI NM SAK
Stock: USGI SA

Nice compliment of USGI parts in good to excellent condition. Some patina here and there.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ah, alright. I was afraid that might be against the rules. Well thank you for the input. Not sure at all what to do now. Heh. any suggestions on trying to sell with or without the scope?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Take a look through the slop chute in the classifieds, there should be some sold rifles in there that will give you an idea of how to price your rifle.

·
Registered
8,680 Posts
ah, alright. I was afraid that might be against the rules. Well thank you for the input. Not sure at all what to do now. Heh. any suggestions on trying to sell with or without the scope?
Without scope. Not many want a package deal with the optics. Sell them separately. You have an average to above average loaded rifle or NM rifle. Not sure if the stock is bedded or not, but judging by the age of your rifle it probably needs a skim bedding job anyhow if it is bedded.

Parts are USGI and average to above average condition. So definitely not a top end price point rifle NM rifle.

Most want to shoot a rifle in that configuration with irons.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Without scope. Not many want a package deal with the optics. Sell them separately. You have an average to above average loaded rifle or NM rifle. Not sure if the stock is bedded or not, but judging by the age of your rifle it probably needs a skim bedding job anyhow if it is bedded.

Parts are USGI and average to above average condition. So definitely not a top end price point rifle NM rifle.

Most want to shoot a rifle in that configuration with irons.
it is bedded. i've heard everything from average to excellent on the parts. unfortunately, with that kind of range on assessments i'm not able to properly assess the comparable listings. this may take longer than i thought.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
if you could get some gage readings of the barrel, and tab dimensions of the oprod, that would help a lot in determining the overall condition/price, and also probably help you to sell it quicker too. Looks nice. It has some of the more preferred manufacturer usgi parts... SAK oprod, SAK NM barrel, TRW bolt, SA stock. Nice!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts