M14 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the chance to get my scope set up mounted and sighted in this past weekend. I had gotten the scope rings, the mount and the cheek riser as Christmas presents (from Mrs. Claus no less). Matched these with an older Leupold scope that I had been using on one of my AR-15s. Once I got it zeroed I think I did OK. Really couldn't be happier with this set up. Here's the details and pictures for your viewing pleasure.

Rifle: USGI parts kit on Fulton Armory receiver
Scope: Leupold Mark 2 3-9x40mm
Rings: Leupold PRW Perma-Rings Weaver Style
Mount: Bassett Machine Picatinny Rail Low profile model
Cheek Riser: Bradley Tactical M1A/SOCOM Cheek Rest
Place: Spring Valley Public Shooting Range (SW Ohio)
Distance: 100 yards from bench with rest
Target: SR-1 100 yard reduced target (10 ring is ~3.25" diameter)
Ammunition: XM80 Ball (LC12) 147 Gr. FMJBT
Shots: 20

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Cheers,
MD

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
First-rate stick. As others have stated the stock is amazing.

Excellent job of filling up the 10-ring. Nice shooting.

·
Registered
480 Posts
That's great! I love punching holes in a nice new target, good stuff!

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
Nice stock and rifle. Filling up 10 ring with 147 gr ball ammo is good stuff too.

·
Administrator
17,393 Posts
Great looking target pattern M1Collector, one good looking rig also with that cool stock. Thanks for posting the pictures.

DI5

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. Appreciate the compliments on both the stock and my shooting. Wish I could capture the true beauty of the wood. In the sunlight it literally glows. Love it!

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Very nice neighbor! Did you build the rifle yourself?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Deacon,
Yes, this was my very first build. I have a close machinist/gunsmith friend who walked me completely through the process but made me do everything myself from installing and indexing the barrel to lapping in the bolt. It was a great experience and I've built two more since. The best part is seeing the performance once I'm done. Makes me smile every time I fire it.
Cheers,
MD

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
That is a NICE Stock! I am so glad I don't have it because I would not shoot with it! I think it looks that good!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts