M14 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts
"Don't look for a happy ending. It's not an American story. It's an Irish one."
-Rory Devany "The Devils Own"

Reactions: Tom Paine
BOOOO, Hisssss!

Orange are protestants and the Green are catholic.
Thanks for clarifying/confirming. I did some searching earlier. Funny, first I tried searching up orange t-shirt meme. Then I thought to look up the flag colors.

I find it interesting someone would post that image. I didn’t think people were being overly Catholic prior to. I can’t recall off hand if Protestants don’t revere Saints like in Catholicism to where celebration of St. Patrick’s Day is offensive. I also found it interesting the flag colors are a nice theme to aspire to and was kept as the flag of Ireland despite the Northern Counties remaining part of the UK.

Ok..

1. Not every Irishmen is Catholic
2. Not every Irishmen supports IRA terrorists.
3. The best thing to happen to the Irish was the English/Scottish showing up, despite the problems and famine.

Not that I'm anti Irish Catholic.. I'm just aware that it isn't all leprechauns, Irish potatoes, and Erin Go Brah...

In the words of a close family member ... if it weren't for the English the Irish word still be digging peat.

Proud and Protestant with very close English/Irish heritage.

Happy St Patrick's Day!

Ok..

1. Not every Irishmen is Catholic
2. Not every Irishmen supports IRA terrorists.
3. The best thing to happen to the Irish was the English/Scottish showing up, despite the problems and famine.

Not that I'm anti Irish Catholic.. I'm just aware that it isn't all leprechauns, Irish potatoes, and Erin Go Brah...

In the words of a close family member ... if it weren't for the English the Irish word still be digging peat.

Proud and Protestant with very close English/Irish heritage.

Happy St Patrick's Day!
Don’t forget:
1. Not all Irish terrorists are IRA.
2. Not every Irishmen supports Protestant terrorists either.
3. The positive nature of English and Scottish involvement in Ireland is debatable.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.