M14 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometime ago I remember a "stepped" rubber recoil pad available for E2 stocks, although not correct, due to the fact it seems that NOBODY reproduces E2 hardware and original is non existent, it would at least make the stock serviceable without modifying it. Can anyone help me out here??? Thanks.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I'm not familiar with such a pad but it makes sense; however I do believe someone on this form machined their own aluminum plate with a recoil pad installed on it. You can easily accomplish the same thing by looking in the Brownell's catalog and getting a Pavhmayr SC100 recoil pad and getting a recoil pad spacer. Cut the spacer to fill the gap and grid the recoil pad to fit.

·
Registered
7,833 Posts
Recoil Pad

The original E2 stock did not include a recoil pad as such, but had a hard rubber butt plate under it's folding metal shoulder rest.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Law483, I had already thought of the spacer and recoil pad, but did not yet know what pad # to use yet, thanks for the info. The nice thing about this method is it does not alter the stock so that if repro parts are ever offered in the future they can be fitted at that time if desired. As your site is not currently showing your E2 stock yet, I have not seen it but I bet it is a nice product, I found it in my fruitless search for parts. My stock has the foregrip/swivel mounting base and inside stock liner, which I will remove and in one of the holes install a detachable sling swivel for a swivel and Harris Bipod. I think the GI pod is awesome looking but don't want to compromise accuracy and mar surfaces. I still think long ago I saw a ready made stepped rubber pad, and if still available it would have been a quick, cheap solution.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts