M14 Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
You said a mouthful. You may not realize just how overdue that you are. Since the I-1639 law went into effect on the 1st of July its a whole new ballgame for gun purchasers of any semiautomatic rifle. Before finalizing the purchase of your M14/M1A you will be additionally thrilled by: the process of obtaining your semiautomatic assault weapon safety course and the certification that goes with it. And the department of licensing form which you will fill out along with the federal 4473 form. You will thereby register your new M14/M1A with the state of Washington prior to taking possession of your new firearm. Just for the sake of enlightening out of staters this registration process has been in effect for all handgun purchases since the initiative (a couple or so years ago) requiring background checks for all firearms sales in the state of Washington I believe.

I recently purchased a CZ P07 tactical suppressor ready pistol and was horrified to find this particular DOL form in front of me to complete along with the other stuff. It still makes me uneasy knowing that every other pistol purchase I ever make in this state will be thusly recorded by state and local entities. Its a pathetic state of affairs people. Mind your local politics, sometimes even more impactful on the personal level than federal legislation.
Thanks. I've been through the new I-1694 instituted revisions on a local purchase of a Winchester M1 Carbine in August, even though I explained to the shop personnel that I was exempt from the extra state background check provisions (according to the new law in the WA RCW!) on that C&R eligible firearm as an FFL-03 holder. They did lead me to an online training that I completed in a few minutes. More fun and games.

Between the universal background check provisions instituted through I-594 nearly 5 years ago and these new waiting periods on all semi-automatic rifles (and already existing waiting period on handguns), it's really going to put a damper on local gun shows. However, it's been great for boosting lower receiver sales, since they are merely a receiver on the Form 4473, not a rifle or pistol.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Welcome............Eastside or Westside we have to change the people running this state. You know who I mean. I am sooooooo tired of liberals who hate guns.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts