M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Fast &futile

Hillary and the state dept are most likely in on it to. Why was it so easy to get a 90% trace back to u.s. Dealers so fast? They already had the point of origin!
They will keep trying to eliminate the 2nd ammendment and us with it.

·
Cranky Old Vietnam Vet
10,663 Posts
Hillary and the state dept are most likely in on it to. Why was it so easy to get a 90% trace back to u.s. Dealers so fast? They already had the point of origin!
They will keep trying to eliminate the 2nd ammendment and us with it.
Just to clarify this...You may know this too...

The 90% Issue Is Largely Un-Related To The 'Fast and Furious' Debacle.
The 90% 'Mis-representation' Came From An Earlier Administation Claim That 90% Of The Weapons Used By The Mexican Drug Cartels Came Across The Border From Gun Shops And Gun Shows In The U.S.
THAT Was Proved To Be Very Incorrect.
(and of course Gun Shops/Shows In The U.S. Cannot And Do Not Sell RPG's, Grenades, Recoiless Rifles, Etc...)
Then, The Administration's Claim Became---90% Of The Guns The Mexican Government Provided To The U.S. Government As Part Of The Dog And Pony Show...Could Be Traced Back To The U.S.
In Other Words, A SMALL Amount of Guns, Were-Handpicked To Prove A Point!

Anyway, That's MY Take On It!

CAVman in WYoming

Reactions: Navy Horn 16

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
You mean, you guys dont TRUST the government?

WHAT? RNGR2

·
Cranky Old Vietnam Vet
10,663 Posts
You mean, you guys dont TRUST the government?

WHAT? RNGR2
I Used To.......

I Think That Was....'1968' !?

GI2

CAVman in WYoming

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
Make no mistake. The current administration's final solution is to disarm law abiding American citizens as a key part of their globalist agenda. You already know your U.S. money will never recover from what they've done to it. What's your security and the residue of your liberty worth if they take your guns or cut off the supply of primers and smokeless powder? Better start collecting charcoal and wheel balance weights. The latest (reported) Mexico operation blew up in their faces. They keep the BATFE around so they have somebody to throw under the bus when tactics fail. Resign the interim director (BATFE hasn't had a permanent director in years) and drop in another interim gofer without Senate confirmation (not that it'd mean much, anyway). For the past two years BATFE agents all over the country have been shaking down and closing down small FFL dealers and gunsmiths. They got the U.S. Court of Appeals in Virginia to rule (now on last-ditch appeal to the Supreme Court) that a licensed dealer needs a federal MANUFACTURER license to barrel rifle actions and bed them into stocks. These things slip under U.S. pop media's radar but they're taking place. Don't get me started. I could tell you 100% true stories about the contempt these people have for the Constitution and the rules by which they expect the rest of us to live, but this ain't the best place for it.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
He wants to testify? I hope he takes with him whoever is BATFE's chief custodian of contraband to tell Congress all about the whereabouts of those thousands of confiscated firearms, incl AKs, ARs, and 9 mm's, that are listed by mfr and model in the WSJ two or three days out of every week. Between military/police sales and the BATFE, the U.S. govt is arming Mexico's criminal drug organizations.

·
Inquisitor
11,356 Posts
I know there's a lot of useless agencies in the government but I'd really like to see a detailed report on what the ATF has done for the nation since it was formed. It's original purpose was to collect taxes on alcohol and tobacco. Now the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau does that so what is the point of the ATF? They don't do anything that the FBI or DEA can't do. Their only renown is for disgusting incidents like Waco and Ruby Ridge and now this. These guys have been out of control for so long that the Firearm Owners Protection Act had to be legislated back in 1986 because seventy five percent of their prosecutions were unconstitutional.

·
Inquisitor
11,356 Posts
Grassley Disputes Firearms Figures from the ATF

WASHINGTON – Senator Chuck Grassley today said that firearms data released last week by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) was a selective release of certain statistical data that inaccurately reflects the scope and source of the problem of firearms in Mexico and the drug trafficking organization violence.

Grassley’s letter to ATF Acting Director Kenneth Melson cited additional statistical breakdowns and a Department of State cable that dispels myths about the source of weapons trafficked to Mexico. The unclassified cable includes sections such as: “Myth: An Iron Highway of Weapons Flows from the U.S.” and “Myth: The DTOs (Drug Trafficking Organizations) are Mostly Responsible.”

Grassley said when looking at a breakdown of the numbers, it’s clearly inaccurate to assert that 70 percent of the guns recovered in Mexico can be traced to a United States based gun dealer.
http://grassley.senate.gov/news/Article.cfm?customel_dataPageID_1502=35489

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
+ a million on eliminating the BATF entirely. As Garrard said, the FBI and DEA should have jurisdiction over anything that rogue agency is supposed to be doing.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Fast and Stupid

It was a round about plan to take away the guns of US citizens, Rush last week talked about it and chimed in; he said remember last March? I thought what is he talking about? Well that's when Holder started preaching that our guns are falling into Mexican hands and killing women and children. And there needs to be restrictions on gun ownership. All I can say is that send as much $$ as you can afford to the NRA, biggest gun lobby in DC. Just my 2cents.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Very simply, yes. "Under the Radar" has never rang truer for Obama.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
ATF is a very visible example of a larger problem, the arming of federal agencies and laws against everything. The Dept. of Education has a SWAT team, the Railroad Retirement Bureau has an armed branch. There is a book I saw that I believe the title was Everyone a Felon or something like that. There are now so many laws and regulations that if they want to get anyone they can, and chances are they will sent a SWAT team. The definition of a police state is not that they arrest everyone but that they can if they want to, if not there yet we are very close. Stay strong gents.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
So the DOJ will not give Melson permission to go before a Congressional Insight Committee? That in itself should show that this goes as high as Holder. Doesn't Congress have a right to order him to testify, or are some afraid this will open up a big can of worms? dozier

·
Inquisitor
11,356 Posts
As a matter of fact, Congress can call anyone to testify. Anyone who refuses can be held in contempt.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.