M14 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Good post, now any ideas on what we should do to those who are selling this "stuff" in Australian clothes? :arm35:
Thanx, M14E2, just in case some folks have not heard about the Indian ammo.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
The guy that really needs to read this is the fellow across the street that bought a very nice ~ $2,000 M1A and then proceeded to bitch about the performance when shooting this ammo. He got really defensive and indignant when people tried to point out the error of his ways.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quagmire said:
The guy that really needs to read this is the fellow across the street that bought a very nice ~ $2,000 M1A and then proceeded to bitch about the performance when shooting this ammo. He got really defensive and indignant when people tried to point out the error of his ways.
Across the street?

Over at WarRifles , people are trying to sell this crap , saying how good it is.

·
Forever Remembered - RIP
3,750 Posts
Thanks for the link. It should IMO be a sticky. Most of us know this stuff is dangerous, but I'm sure a lot of folks new to shooting battle rifles have been thinking of buying or already bought this ammo. I posted about some TZ ammo I bought a few years back that had the same issues as this Indian junk. I don't know if all TZ is bad though, I never bought any more 8O . This is a safety issue, not just a poor ammo issue.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
M14E2: No, on amback. WR is not on my read list, and won't be either.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I bought a 640 can and had a FTF within the first ten rds. After that and reading various write ups I decided to keep it in the back of the ammo stash just in case of some desperate emergency. After reading the linked article I'm gonna get rid of it. I would feel like a dirtball if someone found and tried to use it. I guess the only way is bury it deep somewhere. When I first got it I said that I wouldn't trust the guy who made the ammo can. I guess now I know it was the same guy who made the ammunition. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
8541beirut said:
I bought a 640 can and had a FTF within the first ten rds. After that and reading various write ups I decided to keep it in the back of the ammo stash just in case of some desperate emergency. After reading the linked article I'm gonna get rid of it. I would feel like a dirtball if someone found and tried to use it. I guess the only way is bury it deep somewhere. When I first got it I said that I wouldn't trust the guy who made the ammo can. I guess now I know it was the same guy who made the ammunition. Thanks for the heads up.

If ya reload , ya can always pull and use the bullets. I did that with a lot of dud 8mm ammo. Make fireworks with the powder.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
:D M14E2 Thanks for the Heads Up, You just reenforced something I already know(not think), there are People that swear up and down that this Ammo is OK and we are just piling on with Heresay, that is not the Case here, this Stuff is Garbage Deluxe and is downright Dangerous! :evil: There are those whom I respect that say "It's OK to shoot it in a Bolt Gun it goes Bang" well They should just buy Blanks, they just go Bang and are less expensive and a lot Safer! ;) What if one doesnt' make it out of the Bore and you dont realize it? :? :evil:

·
Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
19,167 Posts
M14E2,

Thank you for the posting, it's something that I have been saying for quit some time on the different boards. "Rules of Ammo" Rule #10) Friends don't let friends buy Indian surplus ammo (TEA). Or Never buy surplus ammo from a country where you wouldn't drink the water (midrat).

XXIV Corps :mrgreen:
DMZ 70-72

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And to think these people have NUKES!
I'm glad someone put such a good article together , with examples of the gripes and photos of destroyed rifles. I had some of this crap a few years ago , the stuff in 10 round plastic bags and it was bad from round 1. The rounds had a green ooze (sealant?) form the case mouth/bullet. Several cases were either cracked or mis-seated as in the pics. Has several mis-fires and hang-fires. Some seemed way too hot , some like squibs. Damn near all had cracked cases after firing. The stuff smelled bad after firing , like burning urine , or electronic circuit board. I stopped after about 20 rounds. I pulled down some rounds and found the 'sealant' had actually corroded the bullets and cases , and perhaps comtaminated the powder. I sent this article to J&G , and their response was , "Oh well , at least you know its bad".

·
Registered
318 Posts
Quagmire said:
He got really defensive and indignant when people tried to point out the error of his ways.
I refuse to waste time arguing with some of these fools. He was insistant on shooting what he wanted to shoot in his rifle. There was a guy on this forum who needs to read that post as well.

Can those title II weapons like the MG42 and the 1919 be repaired?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.