M14 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got out for a few minutes this morning and ran 40 rnds through one of my 10 dot rifles. Bula XM21 version 1, heavy 22" barrel, JAE chassis, Atlas bi-pod with mono-pod under butt, Night Force ATACR 5 - 25 F1. Shot from the mag loaded 10 rnds at a time. Ammo 136 gr fb over 45 gr of Varget in a DAG berdan case. Shot off my 3 leged portable bench. Didn't get down prone this morning which should have tightened the group up a bit. All in all, it was fun. Photo of group was the 3rd and best group of 4 shot today.

[URL=https://s1180.photobucket.com/user/nf1e/media/nf1e193/Bula%20JAE%201.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=https://s1180.photobucket.com/user/nf1e/media/nf1e193/Bula%20JAE%202.jpg.html][/URL]

·
Registered
74 Posts
Great shooting!

I just bought a SA M1A scout off of gunbroker that was sitting in a Jae chassis. The plan is to mount my LRB M25 with the medium criterion barrel in the chassis and put one of the atacr scopes on it. Hopefully I can get it dialed in to shoot half that well!

·
Administrator
17,159 Posts
Great shooting Art.

DI5

Reactions: nf1e

·
Premium Member
15,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great shooting!

I just bought a SA M1A scout off of gunbroker that was sitting in a Jae chassis. The plan is to mount my LRB M25 with the medium criterion barrel in the chassis and put one of the atacr scopes on it. Hopefully I can get it dialed in to shoot half that well!
Looking forward to your project photos.
Whatta Hobby!

·
Premium Member
15,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
Great shooting nf1e! I just got back in from playing with mine and will take a bit to cool down and post up

Reactions: nf1e

·
Premium Member
15,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great shooting nf1e! I just got back in from playing with mine and will take a bit to cool down and post up
Temp was just right for me this morning Jeff, about 60 deg and the range flags were at 45 deg from 9 oclock and fairly steady so corrections were pretty simple.

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,021 Posts
Excellent shooting, and congrats on "Honorary M14 Lifer" status Sir! GITEN
m14brian

·
Premium Member
15,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys.
Time to load up a few hundred more 136s. Only 60 left in the range box.
I have been noticing that Varget and 4064 loadings perform very close to the same chrono and accuracy with 45gr under the 136s.
I am down to about 6 or 8 lbs of Varget so I will have to switch to the 4064 of which I have 16lbs in the stash before the end of this shooting season.
Keep your powder dry my friends. Never know when we might need it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts