M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a full size M1A to purchase from an aquaintance. In order to justify the purchase I need to sell my first and only M1A, which I got from a local guy about 4 months ago.
At the time it didn't seem strange, but as I get to know more about the M1A I am a bit at odds with what I own, see pic.

The muzzle brake gives it away as a Socom, there are three things that are odd: The easiest one is the wood stock. The second one is the fact that the Op-rod does not have the "SOCOM" letters engraved. And the third is that the finish on the entire gun is slightly faded, like in a gun that's been around for a while or cleaned "hard".

I've shot the gun every weekend, probably has 2000 rounds in it just from me. However the bore and chamber look like new. It is a beautiful gun, but I really want a normal looking M1A.
I'm going to sell this rifle, but would like some suggestions as for how much would be a reasonable amount to ask for this mut. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Damn!

madm16a1, those are a hot item - I have one just like it that I purchased from a fellow in Georgia for $1,150 about a year ago - they are great little guns that go for a premium price. You should be able to get at least that for it, or trade if for the one you are looking for. I, too, upgraded to the walnut stock. Very nice looking.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I think if you post your rifle in the PX and either sell it or trade it you will have no problems with a fast turnaround!!! If I were you I would try and trade . You should be able to find someone willing to part with a fullsize M1A for you Socom. Just make sure its got a high USGI parts count .
HTH....Ray

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the responses!
Trading is no longer an option as I already have made a purchase on another M1A.
I've posted the rifle on Gunbroker for $1100 and there is a bidder already...

·
Registered
854 Posts
From the pictures that you've provided it looks like you've got a Scout and not a SOCOM!

·
Registered
155 Posts
The second one is the fact that the Op-rod does not have the "SOCOM" letters engraved.

Why would one remove the op rod with the engravings? Also does SA make a Socom with wood upon request? It does looks good in the wood.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.