M14 Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
OP says nothing about matches. I'm sure he is shooting at a range like I belong to that's 100 yes and walk up. We have a burm down both sides and across the back. Equivalent to a good backyard range. I brought magnification for the same reason I did. I wanted to see exactly where I hit when by myself on a small bore target. Black paper bulls eyes aren't easy to pick out in bad light.
I find if you shoot on a light color GREEN you can see the black holes better .

·
Registered
14 Posts
JH,
Not a spotting scope - but i have this and do recommend. it is a Camera System you can use with your Smart Phone.

It works good. Might be a option for consideration?

Link to You Tube - there is lots of video's you can peruse.

Here is link to there site.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Vortex dominates at the range where I am a CRO.....a few Nikons,an occasional Leica, Swarovski, Leupold, etc. The only Kowa scope I saw was from a former Service Rifle shooter.....TSN-1 with 25x LER eyepiece.

Randy

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Save your money and just buy better targets...

I use the "shoot'n'see" type targets (generics from Amazon) for .17 and .22, and they make it easy to see hits out to 200yds.

I'm also using an old Konus spotting scope which cost ≈$180.

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Save your money and just buy better targets...

I use the "shoot'n'see" type targets (generics from Amazon) for .17 and .22, and they make it easy to see hits out to 200yds.

I'm also using an old Konus spotting scope which cost ≈$180.
That's exactly what I have been doing, but my FAR tac driver just makes one yellow splat. Doug hooked me up with a lower end Loupy he says is better than tha Konus for my needs.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
I was lucky enough a few years ago to find a demo Nightforce at a refuced price. I have used it extensively inside of 400 yards and all the way out to 2200 yards. Its worth every penny.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts