M14 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This will be another of my mixmasters. Plenty of the kit builds added to the herd over they years. Mostly usgi parts with Bula usgi contour chrome lined barrels on these two builds.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This will be another of my mixmasters. Plenty of the kit builds added to the herd over they years. Mostly usgi parts with Bula usgi contour chrome lined barrels on these two builds.
How do the Bula GI barrels look? Have you used any before on other builds?

·
Premium Member
16,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How do the Bula GI barrels look? Have you used any before on other builds?
Seeing they are made to usgi spec, they " look" and function as a standard GI contour barrel. Yes I have a bunch on builds currently.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
I appreciate when others take the time to select parts to make as authentic a reproduction as possible, or something that is all brand new, but I'm also a fan of the mix master. Maybe it's because I'm very much a mutt myself, or maybe it's because it's like the best version of recycling, where the old and discarded can come together in something new and as functional as ever, one of those inspiring metaphors.

I suppose maybe some of that is lingering resentment having been used then discarded and divorced (and the target of more attempted exploitation) followed by the satisfaction of fumbling through the debris and eventually putting together something far better than what exploded.

I guess everything is like something else, but not exactly.

I look forward to seeing your build, as always.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts