M14 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm new here but have been following the posts for a while. I reserved a M1a Scout from Buds Gun Shop a few days back and was wondering if anyone had any experience on the wait time. I've read in some other forums that it can be over five months, and given the recent surge in demand for everything gun related I'm sure it will be much longer now. I've ordered from Bud's before and their website says they aren't able to tell when I'll reach the front of the line. So if any of you have gone this route before, I'd be interested in knowing how long you waited.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

·
Resident Rascal
13,508 Posts
With the current situation no one can give you an accurate estimate. But on the bright side Bud's doesn't make any money off you until they ship so they won't drag their feet.

Reactions: GARRARD

·
Registered
46 Posts
I reserved a scout from them about 2 weeks ago. I'm out the country till may so hopefully it'll be waiting for me when I get home!

·
Registered
16 Posts
i waited for 3 months and finally gave up and bought used, and that was just before SHTF........

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am writing this review 153 days after making my purchase of an M1A Scout with Mossy Oak stock from Bud's Gunshop. I am still waiting for the rifle to ship. I have not been given any information from Bud's Gunshop regarding time frame for my rifle to ship. I contacted Bud's Gunshop customer service around day 90, they told me I could cancel for my full refund since it had been 90 days. I asked them to be as vague as to let me know if I would see my rifle within the next six months or not. They could even have said, "Hey you are number 100 on the list and number 43 just get their rifle last week." That would be all I need to know at some point I can expect to see my rifle in this lifetime. I just want my rifle, I want to know why it has been 153 days since i ordered my rifle. I understand that they are having a high volume of purchases due to current events. I still paid $1600 up front for an item and have been sitting with nothing for 153 days. I do not recommend making a purchase from Bud's Gunshop unless you too want to wait at least 153 days for your product when paying in advance. I will never purchase from Bud's Gunshop again. I have posted this review on several sites now I hope it helps you make an educated choice on where to make your next firearm purchase and hopefully help Bud's Gunshop fix an obvious service issue.

·
Registered
13 Posts
CKline was this gun in stock when you ordered it? I have bought from Buds several times and in stock items were shipped within a week. If you bought a reserve gun it states they have no idea when you'll see your gun. It only locks in the price when you ordered it at that time so if it goes up they honor that price.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
All those reasons are exactly why I don't order stuff that is not in stock. The only thing I'm okay with waiting on is a Garand from the CMP. Other than that, I'll hunt it down somewhere else. Call Florida Gun Exchange in Holly Hill, Florida....they ship anywhere and I saw a few in stock on their wall about 3 weeks ago. www.floridagunexchange.com

-Sapp

Reactions: dozier

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would not be surprised at a year! It's a jungle out there!

Can't understand folks getting all whacked over long shipment waits. I mean some folks need a reality check...I mean come on!
Bob

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ordered from Buds 1-5-13.

I found a Mossy Oak Scout on Gun Broker for near the same price (little lower) in a "buy now" so I bought it and canceled Bud's when it arrived last Wednesday. Got my money back from Buds Friday.

I called them before bidding but they would not give any information as to my place in line but did say they had 40 mossy scout orders. I was # 34 when I ordered.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It just depends on supply really. I've bought several guns from Buds and always had them in a week or so. My reserve order sat on the books for 5 months with no word before I found the rifle I wanted elsewhere at a comparable price. While its true that it didn't cost "extra" I did in reality give Buds a loan for 5 months.

That said, I don't have any issue with Buds and will order from them again - I just won't make another reserve order if the item isn't actually in stock.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
All those reasons are exactly why I don't order stuff that is not in stock. The only thing I'm okay with waiting on is a Garand from the CMP. Other than that, I'll hunt it down somewhere else. Call Florida Gun Exchange in Holly Hill, Florida....they ship anywhere and I saw a few in stock on their wall about 3 weeks ago. www.floridagunexchange.com

-Sapp

I'll go along with Sapp on the above statement. Bud's made no commitment on a time frame, so they can't be held accountable. IF I was a dealer and wanted to maximize profits, and still receiving stock from the manufacturer(and they are), why sell it thru your business for a lower price when you can put it on GB for more??? All you have to do is work it with a FFL number not associated with your business name. After all those guys on GB are getting the stock from somewhere. There is a lot to be gained, and very little to come back and bite you when this is over with!!!! dozier

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ordered from Buds 1-5-13.

I found a Mossy Oak Scout on Gun Broker for near the same price (little lower) in a "buy now" so I bought it and canceled Bud's when it arrived last Wednesday. Got my money back from Buds Friday.

I called them before bidding but they would not give any information as to my place in line but did say they had 40 mossy scout orders. I was # 34 when I ordered.
I am looking at doing the same thing once I return home, I have been gone for 4 months. I made my reserve 12/25/2012. I know they don't guarantee any time frame but it would have been polite to at least give me some hope by letting me know where I was in line or how long it took the last customer who received the same item so I wouldn't be twiddling my thumbs waiting for an item I paid for in advance. I have asked a couple times now and they will not let me know my place in line.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
I've asked this question on another thread, but I'll reask it here again. Has anybody here on the forum put in a order with Buds after Sandy Hook and received their M1A yet? dozier

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I ordered 12/20/12 from Buds and cancelled on 5/17/13 after settling for one on GB. So that's five months with not hearing anything. Other forums said a 7-12 month wait and that was pre-Sandy Hook. It will be illegal to purchase the M1A in MD after 10/1 and I just sucked up the cost difference to get it in time. Now it's a 2.5 month wait for the state police to complete the background check ROOL1

·
Registered
795 Posts
All those reasons are exactly why I don't order stuff that is not in stock. www.floridagunexchange.com

-Sapp
This right here. Especially in these high demand times. When I was looking for my SAI M21 I searched high and low over the net until I found it in stock. I think the only reason it was in stock is that it was listed under the wrong item number. But a phone call answered my questions and even got it well below suggested retail price for new in the box.

Bottom line, if you look hard enough someone somewhere has what you want collecting dust on a back shelf. My search lasted two weeks and bingo!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts