M14 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm still a M1A rookie, and I've been doing some research trying to find a suitable optic for my SOCOM16.

I just discovered the new Strike Eagle scope that's supposed to be coming from Vortex sometime this summer. it's a 1-6x24 starting at $429. Did anyone get a chance to see one of these at SHOT Show this year, or has anything heard anything (good or bad) about the optic?

Also, do you have any other recommendations for other optics with a similar magnification at a similar price point?

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-strike-eagle-1-6x24-riflescope-ar-bdc-reticle
http://www.vortexoptics.com/uploads/web_manual_ret_strike-eagle_ar-bdc-moa.pdf

(Please check out the manual. I know it's marketed for .223 but it seems to be set up for .308 as well)

Thanks in advance for the help! Here's a photo of my work in progress:

·
Registered
826 Posts
I'm sure it will be a great optic coming from Vortex. I am very pleased with all their stuff. I am actually eager to put one of these on my wife's AR. Only other scope in that price range is the Primary Arms 1-6x24. It is a good scope as well but the durability and optics quality of the Vortex will likely be better.

·
Registered
844 Posts
The make good stuff, I have a 5-20 HD and that scope is awesome. But I think there's a typo on their page because it shows 280 MOA for that 1-6 scope. Also it is only showing a reticle with a BDC for a 5.56mm round. Which doesn't necessarily rule it out for a .308 but its designed for that round.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Resurrection of the day. So who's playing with one of these? I will be putting one on my 5.56 ar, but am wondering how well the reticle may or may not work on a 308. A local shop has them for $299, which is the best price I've seen anywhere. I've handled it and really like it. Other than the reticle, only downside I found through fondling it is the eye box gets really tight at 6x.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Just a side note that I mentioned in another thread. If you are Military or LEO, please call Vortex and register. The discount cannot be beat. I have three Vortex optics and love them all. Once you are registered, you call to order direct from them and you will always talk to the same rep there.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I don't own or have use any vortex glass my friend has one on his Elk gun, but if you aren't totally sold on the Vortex, take a look at Natchez Shooting, I buy their Nikon scopes for all my M1a's and my AR, s usually I buy the refurbished unless I can't get what I need, many more choices in reticle... Very good glass.. 2 cents

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Natchez can sucks an egg for their sorry no sales in ga policy.
I will call vortex to see what they need for registering. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Natchez can sucks an egg for their sorry no sales in ga policy.
I will call vortex to see what they need for registering. Thanks for the tip.
Sent you a PM...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts