M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to put a Vortex flash suppressor on my M1A, and would like to know if anyone has 1 on their rifle, If so, how does it work for you and is it worth the money? thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had one on a Scout for a long time and only recently changed back. No real reason, I guess. Just one of my periodic changes. Anyway, the vortex worked well for me. It cuts the flash well and more importantly for me at the time, it makes the rifle shorter. I was getting in and out of a lot more cars with it then. :D I think it's worth the money and I may put it back on something now that you've got me thinking about it. If I can find it in the shop... :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Using the older Vortex, the one with the little grooves at the end of the tines, you save an inch or so. I haven't measured the difference lately, especially since I don't have one on a rifle currently. I have looked at their new "tactical" models and they are longer, so you could be right about those. Of course, I am comparing them to a standard GI flash suppressor and not that SA thing they've been bolting on their shorter rifles lately. Don't have a lot of use for those PC things! Of course, YMMV.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.