M14 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TO ALL YOU VETERANS!!!! WELCOME HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is very moving, very emotional. Reminds me of how proud I am of all of you that will FOREVER, live in our hearts and minds. WE are ALL brothers that did our duty and served our country proudly, by "protecting & defending the Constitution!". Thank GOD we the living can honor our comrades and memorialize their sacrifice.

This is a video made by and for Michigan Vietnam Veterans, but I believe everyone that has served should appreciate this.

http://www.v-prod.com/trailer_vietnam.html

CCKen
Canton Michigan

·
Registered
727 Posts
CCKen, Thanks. Very moving.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Everytime that I go to the Wall in D C , I am reminded of the sacrifice that my generation has made. The names represent someone's son - daughter - father - brother & sister. I hope that everyone has a Most Merry Christmas and Happy New Years. Please keep our fighting men and women in our thoughts and prayers. Thanks you for your service. It is appreciated.

·
Registered
77 Posts
What I Remember

I think the film clip was done very well. I would change one statement in there though. A lot of us did get a welcome home. Not the welcome home I attended for Desert Storm. That was not a good return after what we just went through and just saw. We fought 3 fronts: Charlie, the press and Congress. I guess maybe you see why so many of us came home and kept everything inside of ourselves. That’s what I did. My wife of 30 years never knew anything about my pass until about a year and half ago. One night I just unloaded everything on her. She’s still here. Things are a little easier today, but after 40 years I still look all around me all the time and look at the ground in front of me where I’m going to be walking. It’s easier but not real easy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts