M14 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a few pics I scanned from my copy of the book 1st Infantry Division In Vietnam, July 1965-April 1967, Volume 1:

The pic below was in the center of the book that's why there's a line down the middle. I thought it was a cool shot so I included it. He's got his pig sticker...er...buffalo sticker..fixed and ready to go.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Thanks for the post...sometimes it was just yesterday.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Long ago and far away....thanks for posting that. Those guys look really tired.
ripsaw,

I think back about how I used to cry about getting tired from working around the clock for days on end during some operations, but the Legs really had a rough way to go humping all that gear through swamps and jungle tanglefoot. At the time it didn't dawn on me (or I didn't care)...typical GI...the world turned around me and nothing else or no one mattered.

Yes, some of those troopers look tired.

·
Banned
2,325 Posts
Worn Out

Yeah Ken, its funny how age can humble even the toughest man. What's more, is the way I was in those days and how I have changed, and looking back, I am truly amazed that anyone survived any of it. I never had to hump through the bush in Nam as I was Navy, but did plenty before and after that time. Funny how the only things you try to think about is the good times, like R&R in Bangkok.....Yee Haw......GI5

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
VN_1st ID Troops_M14_More Photos

Here's three more pics I scanned from my copy of the book 1st Infantry Division In Vietnam, July 1965-April 1967, Volume 1:

Below: Troop from the 1st Infantry Division, 1st Squadron, 4th Cavalry Regiment (Quarterhorse), riding on an APC with his trusty M-14, date unknown. Note dimple in the stock ferrule.

Below: Classic photo of an unnamed troop from the 1st Infantry Division with his E2, date unknown. Note his bayonet.

Below: 1st Infantry Division 1st Military Police Company troop ready to cut loose with his M-14, date unknown. Note position of his left hand.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I was a couple years too young to go to Nam (went into the Navy in 1975) but my brother was there in the infantry. He was killed several years ago, so I now really appreciate seeing images of what he may have been through while in Vietnam. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
600 Posts
its nice to see pictures from the vietnam without the black rifle in them.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
It's so weird looking at these pictures I can become totally lost in them. It's like stepping back into another world.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts