M14 Forum banner

101 - 103 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
While not related to the thread, my room mate had a 65 GTO convertible for sale not long after I got to Ft. Myer. $600.

Black, gold metal flakes in the acrylic laquer, white top, black and white interior, engine/transmission replaced with a 455 4 barrel and turbo 400 automatic.

I headed to the Credit Union, pulled the money out of my account and walked back to the barracks. I walked through to door with the money in my hand only to hear that another guy had just walked out the door with the title and keys.

Jerk took it home that Friday night and blew the engine up racing someone.

Oh, Anson Spring mag wheels, too. Beautiful car.

Should have included this was the spring of 1976, to get an idea of the car's age/price.

·
Registered
631 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
While not related to the thread, my room mate had a 65 GTO convertible for sale not long after I got to Ft. Myer. $600.

Black, gold metal flakes in the acrylic laquer, white top, black and white interior, engine/transmission replaced with a 455 4 barrel and turbo 400 automatic.

I headed to the Credit Union, pulled the money out of my account and walked back to the barracks. I walked through to door with the money in my hand only to hear that another guy had just walked out the door with the title and keys.

Jerk took it home that Friday night and blew the engine up racing someone.

Oh, Anson Spring mag wheels, too. Beautiful car.
Usually the story ends wrapped around a tree or utility pole. Engines are easier to replace than a whole body!

101 - 103 of 103 Posts